Harvz

Matic

712 posts in this topic

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

:) Good of you to drop in again TSD, if only in monocolour this time.  How was your top tip, Romeu today?

We have gone back to defending far too deep after a 3 match pleasant break from it.  Matic most guilty of the lot.  Bodes badly.

Does your wife disapprove of you spending so much time on the internet, or does she actively encourage it?

She's fine with it.  I guess you must be getting fed with all this role play yourself.  One day Romeu's Dad, one day The Good Doctor, one day Mr Marvellous and another The Special Dimwit.  Must be tiring.

10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

She's fine with it.

Who says romance is dead, hey?

Good. He's had a decent season so far, will be needed with Europe to contend with next campaign. 

Christmas 2021 it is then.

That'll please Droy!

Matic is feeling the heat after N'golo Kante's performances. Kante has made the DM position his own and that for me is bad news for Matic. I think he would be looking to move on this window. 

16 hours ago, shadowman96 said:

Matic is feeling the heat after N'golo Kante's performances. Kante has made the DM position his own and that for me is bad news for Matic. I think he would be looking to move on this window. 

Don't really think he's feeling the heat when both players play a different role from each other. Matic anchors the midfield more and allows Kante to break forward from midfield, while Kante has the more freedom to chase around because of his engine and athletic ability. Remove Matic and it means Kante has to be more restrained, as is the case when he plays with Cesc. Both can co-exist, as they've done.

Whilst I don't think he has been anywhere near as bad as one person would have you believe, I don't think he is good enough for a team with our lofty ambitions.

He adds little in attack, and if you compare his defensive contribution to Kante, it is limited also.