• Current Donation Goals

royalblue

Mohamed Salah - In and Out!

He's always looking to make clever runs in behind which is his best asset for us at the moment. Often when we peg the opponent back in we'll do a Barca and just pass it sideways until somebody eventually decides to shoot or cross it. With Salah, he's always looking to give the option of a pass in behind the defense no matter how deep the opponents may be, and I'd trust Hazard / Oscar / Willian to be able to pick him out.

We may not (and may never) play the same way that other more attacking teams do, but we have built up a squad that has every kind of attacking player you could ask for. Oh, except for a striker that can score. We should think about getting one of those.

Edited by Zianfranco Gola

Jose claims he was for next season so anything he achieves this season is a bonus. He seems OK but needs to get some better shots off

I was fustrated with his finishing but credit to him for getting into the space and creating. I think next season having beding in and behind a striker that can score, finishing pressure will be less and he will seem better.

His first miss piled the pressure on him for the rest of the match. I was pleased with him yesterday. And Willian as well. The both of them, they have their weak points but they're so quick they create space easily.

After losing Mata, I felt that we had potentially lost a lot of our attacking output because Mata scored and created so many goals during his time here, but Mourinho has truly taken this team in another direction away from the style of play Mata brought to the team. Salah's another example of a devastatingly quick and much more direct player that Mourinho has in his ranks. Seems a definite option for next season.

bert19   

Jose claims he was for next season so anything he achieves this season is a bonus. He seems OK but needs to get some better shots off

I'd probably go with that. His finishing and decision making around the penalty area needs sharpening up though.

I'd probably go with that. His finishing and decision making around the penalty area needs sharpening up though.

In fairness the same could be said about Hazard,Schurlle, Willian,Oscar.

jangz   

Agreed but these are attributes that can only be developed to a certain level. Some players are born with a footballing brain- for them it is a matter of realising their strengths and those of your team mates. I would put players like Salah there..; then their are players who are athletes first and rely a lot on instinct, players like ramires, for whom you will not see this happen untill maybe he loses pace and has to change his game entirely.

Military service causing problems for Chelsea’s Salah

Chelsea midfielder Mohamed Salah could find himself forced to return to Egypt to serve military duty due to a decision made by the Minister of Higher Education in Egypt to rescind his registration for an education program.

http://www.kingfut.com/2014/07/18/salahs-chelsea-career-balance-military-service/

Mohamed Salah @SalahStats · 2h

Apparently Mohamed Salah's career at Chelsea is at risk due to a decision (concerning him)taken by the Egyptian ministry of higher education

Mohamed Salah asked the Egyptian officials to intervene to resolve the crisis, in order to represent Egyptian football abroad.

Salahs performance on Saturday reminded me very much of a young Robben. Rapid, direct, looking to shoot. The signs are good.

Ha for me there's no comparison - I'm very much yet to be convinced by Salah. He reminds me of Kalou. He's not fit to lace Robben's boots. If Salah improves I'll be hugely, but pleasantly surprised.