• Current Donation Goals

royalblue

Mohamed Salah - In and Out!

I have an ingrained suspicion of young, pacy wide men- a lot of the burst onto the scene but achieve little. Or maybe it's that I pay them particular attention.

Either way, he's here, he has been impressive in the games I've seen and he seems like he'll fit into our system. Hope it works out well for him and us.

Harvz   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4IZOOOZVeE

He's obscenely quick. The above is a video of him against us in the CL. Even if he is only an impact player, he's going to be a real handful in the last 30 minutes of a game without needing to feed off the energy of the players around him (unlike Mata).

Beginning to feel a little less pissed off about this swap.

Harvz   

I have an ingrained suspicion of young, pacy wide men- a lot of the burst onto the scene but achieve little. Or maybe it's that I pay them particular attention.

Either way, he's here, he has been impressive in the games I've seen and he seems like he'll fit into our system. Hope it works out well for him and us.

Me too. I have to squint in order to not see another Aaron Lennon when I look at this fella.

Absolutely delighted we have agreed a deal to sign him, fine young player with big future ahead of him. I have had 48 hours to digest the imminent departure of Juan Mata and I would say I am 90% over it. Here's to the future and another young exciting signing.

Doing a bit of reading about Salah ... Seems he initially refused to play a CL qualifier in Israel, refused to shake any Israeli player's hands and apparently (although I haven't seen the comment) said something anti-Semitic. He'll already be involved in a lot of bad press because of the Mata deal. Expecting this one to blow up at some point.

Doing a bit of reading about Salah ... Seems he initially refused to play a CL qualifier in Israel, refused to shake any Israeli player's hands and apparently (although I haven't seen the comment) said something anti-Semitic. He'll already be involved in a lot of bad press because of the Mata deal. Expecting this one to blow up at some point.

Quite a few Chelsea players have refused to play European games in Israel. He's in good company.

.. and as was pointed out elsewhere, he has joined a club owned by a jew.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Well neither the FA nor UEFA can do anything about it so I wouldn't worry.

Quite a few Chelsea players have refused to play European games in Israel. He's in good company.

Indeed. Although that was different (about security).

I think the distinction would be that Roman is probably more Russian than he is Jewish and Salah's problem is with Israel which I'm guessing Roman has no affiliation with whatsoever (just like many British Jews for instance).

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

Both sensible points- I'm not criticising him. Don't know anything about him.

Just flagging it as a stick I fully expect us to get a beating with at some point, regardless of how fair it is.

Hi guys

as a chelsea fan who was reading this forum for a long long time and as an egyptian I am really happy a fellow egyptian is joinning my #1 club and not any player he is a player seen as egypt future

I can understand why a lot of you are angry because he is seen as unknown replacement for our best player last season Mata

but I don't see it this way

they are totally different type of players

Salah can play on both Wings or behind the striker or as ss but he isn't a playmaker and he is a player for the near future and a possible world-class winger in couple of years

I think this video may actually gave you a better look on the type of the player Salah is (since he was playing in egypt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6jMk4d3kw

I just hope he get a fair chance to show what he is capable of.

Call me cynical but I have not seen an announcement we are going to loan him somewhere for experience (or even back to Basel) yet