• Current Donation Goals

royalblue

Mohamed Salah - In and Out!

1 minute ago, Sir said:

Easy to say with hindsight as it always is but.. we signed this guy for a reason, so someone at the club saw something in him.. after his successful loan/loans where he did extremely well, who saw him deemed ‘not good enough’ or whatever it may of been? Seeing how well he’s doing does leave a bit of a bitter taste. The same with KDB, also. I mean even just the pace that he has is worth his weight in gold and he’s obviously always had that.

Who did we pick in front of them I wonder, and what did we do while they were off winning trophies?

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Who did we pick in front of them I wonder, and what did we do while they were off winning trophies?

Given you believed Cesc should have started ahead of Matic, yet often didn't, who we picked ahead of de Bruyne or Salah could be considered an irrelevant argument. Sometimes managers have "go to" players they will pick ahead of any one else irrespective of their form and who else is available... Bakayoko being a current case in point.

As Sir pointed out, someone at the club saw something in these players. I can understand why Salah didn't play much... he didn't suit the style that was being played at the time. What baffled me (and still does now) is that Cuadrado was the player Salah made way for. Nothing against Cuadrado, but given his attributes and weaknesses were very similar to Salah's, what were we thinking of?

I was at the 3-5 game at White Hart Lane and Salah came on as a sub. He played as a right midfielder/wingback and hardl got the ball as it seemed his teammates didn't trust him with it. He has undoubtedly come on leaps and bounds since and now plays in a system where his better qualities can be used. That said for all the goals he does score he misses almost as many and sometimes it costs his team.

Will he be the latest Liverpool star man to be picked up by Barca or perhaps Madrid?

17 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Given you believed Cesc should have started ahead of Matic, yet often didn't, who we picked ahead of de Bruyne or Salah could be considered an irrelevant argument. Sometimes managers have "go to" players they will pick ahead of any one else irrespective of their form and who else is available... Bakayoko being a current case in point.

And sometimes they are Hazard and Willian.

paulw66   
43 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I was at the 3-5 game at White Hart Lane and Salah came on as a sub. He played as a right midfielder/wingback and hardl got the ball as it seemed his teammates didn't trust him with it. He has undoubtedly come on leaps and bounds since and now plays in a system where his better qualities can be used. That said for all the goals he does score he misses almost as many and sometimes it costs his team.

Will he be the latest Liverpool star man to be picked up by Barca or perhaps Madrid?

To be brutally honest, whenever Salah did play for us, he looked awful. Physically weak and didn't impact games. Although, to be fair to him, he never got a run of games. 

• Like 1

Ham   

Ridiculous and pathological spin.  Nice try Jose.

"I didn't sell him". (I just sent him on loan and didn't want to play him ever). 

Nothing is ever his fault. 

https://dailym.ai/2JumNyZ

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Ridiculous and pathological spin.  Nice try Jose.

"I didn't sell him". (I just sent him on loan and didn't want to play him ever). 

Nothing is ever his fault. 

https://dailym.ai/2JumNyZ

Salah came to us an extremely raw player and sending him out on loan was a decision that worked out brilliantly for him in the end.

Thought that it was excellent management from Jose to be perfectly honest.

And noone should pretend that they saw this season coming from Salah. 

Ham   
3 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Salah came to us an extremely raw player and sending him out on loan was a decision that worked out brilliantly for him in the end.

Thought that it was excellent management from Jose to be perfectly honest.

And noone should pretend that they saw this season coming from Salah. 

The last sentence is typically presumptuous for those who look to excuse JM's treatment of certain players. You don't speak for me because I was very happy when we signed him and despite not being the finished article when he was with us, I always thought, just like KDB, that all they actually needed was a run of games and a little faith.

I will concede that nobody saw a season quite as good as this coming but his form with Basel was already very special.  I saw him as a creative attacking player as opposed to an out and out goalscorer.

I wanted both players to stay. To say that JM's decision was vindicated because both went on to have sterling careers elsewhere and show their true potential is not a good thing as far as Chelsea football club and JM is concerned. It's a damning indictment.

Too many players were shipped out or ostracised by JM because he could only work with players who were the finished article already. He can't nurture raw talent and doesn't have the patience to do so.

For him to now blame the club completely for Salah not being part of our squad still is just shameful when he showed no faith in them. It's spin. His ego is out of control. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

The last sentence is typically presumptuous for those who look to excuse JM's treatment of certain players. You don't speak for me because I was very happy when we signed him and despite not being the finished article when he was with us, I always thought, just like KDB, that all they actually needed was a run of games and a little faith.

I will concede that nobody saw a season quite as good as this coming but his form with Basel was already very special.  I saw him as a creative attacking player as opposed to an out and out goalscorer.

I wanted both players to stay. To say that JM's decision was vindicated because both went on to have sterling careers elsewhere and show their true potential is not a good thing as far as Chelsea football club and JM is concerned. It's a damning indictment.

Too many players were shipped out or ostracised by JM because he could only work with players who were the finished article already. He can't nurture raw talent and doesn't have the patience to do so.

For him to now blame the club completely for Salah not being part of our squad still is just shameful when he showed no faith in them. It's spin. His ego is out of control. 

In July 2015 JM said, "I see his future elsewhere. Either or loan or sold with an offer we are happy to accept. We have 5 wingers and it is better not to have Salah back"

You're right, he looked awful when he played for us, but he never got a run of games. I certainly don't ever remember him starting 2 back to back games. Any players needs a run of games to get some form under their belt. 

Sea foot   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Absolutely. We bought talented but raw players but gave up on them just as they were showing what they were really capable of. 

He seemed to get a bad reaction from some on here at the time of signing because it was presumed that he'd been bought as a replacement for our twice man of the season, Mata, which he never was. He was never going to oust Willian at that time but he showed promise even then. Scored a couple and was MotM twice in that first season. I'm gutted that we let them fall through our fingers.