• Current Donation Goals

royalblue

Mohamed Salah - In and Out!

Admittedly it's from RAWK, but I've just read something from a "source close to the player" that Salah doesn't want to join us because he doesn't want to sit on the bench. Hopefully the club can wrap up the personal stuff quickly and that isn't an issue.

I'd be very surprised if this is true- can't imagine the club would announce anything unless the deal was agreed and only the formalities remained. I doubt Chelsea would have even approached Basel before knowing for sure the player was interested.

Jaochs   

Seems people are upset about this transfer because of the Mata situation.

Welcome Salah, help us win many trophies please!

Zoowraa   

Hi guys

as a chelsea fan who was reading this forum for a long long time and as an egyptian I am really happy a fellow egyptian is joinning my #1 club and not any player he is a player seen as egypt future

I can understand why a lot of you are angry because he is seen as unknown replacement for our best player last season Mata

but I don't see it this way

they are totally different type of players

Salah can play on both Wings or behind the striker or as ss but he isn't a playmaker and he is a player for the near future and a possible world-class winger in couple of years

I think this video may actually gave you a better look on the type of the player Salah is (since he was playing in egypt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6jMk4d3kw

I just hope he get a fair chance to show what he is capable of.

Hi ,

As you are Egyptian you will know far more about Salah than any of us. Can you give us some insight into what his strenghts/weaknesses are ?

Clearly he plays wide and is very quick, is he more of a winger than likes to take people on with skill and pace? Or would you say more of a wide forward with good movement/timing who likes to get in behind defences?

He looks a decent finisher, but from a video I watched , his first touch looked a little heavy at times.

One of my favourite players to watch in ACON was always Aboutrika. Different type of players , would Salah be held in similar regard to Aboutrika in his prime in Eygpt. Or is he regarded as a level above Aboutrika?

Thanks

Holymoly   

Better than Willian, Schurrle, Mata, KDB? I don't think so. Still welcome aboard Salah hopefully you can prove me wrong!

I mark him down as being in the mould of Willian? He certainly gave us a bit of a runaround. Another energetic player that will run all day in both directions.

(Provided it goes through properly) Welcome to Chelsea, Mohamed Salah!

Think it's completely unreasonable of some of our fans on twitter to lay into him for both the Israel issue and especially just because Mata is (likely) leaving. You have my full support Mo Salah!! Good luck.

Mo Salah, Mo Salah, come again! (no Bone Thugs-n-Harmony fans on here? Ok just me then...)

Mata for Sala. The names are relatively identical... Somewhat.

But he looked ok from what I saw of him. Better than Willian, Schurrle, Mata, KDB? I don't think so. Still welcome aboard Salah hopefully you can prove me wrong!

Salah is definitely better than KDB for one of the AM positions and on par with Schurrle. Better than Mata? Very hard to say as they are so different. Salah resembles Willian the most out of our current players I'd say. Reputation wise he's relatively unknown but I reckon he'll be accepted as a good player before too long.

Massive potential. Slightly off sometimes with his first touch (bit like Oscar) but his pace and end product makes up for it I reckon.

Will be very important for games where we set up to hit our opponents on the counter.

Stim   

Think because only a fee has been agreed and not personal terms + medical