• Current Donation Goals

royalblue

Official: Chelsea Sign Mohamed Salah

Usually they are "delighted to announce". Can't even be bothered with this one.

They were only 'happy' to announce Matic.

Ham   

Normally when a young player joins we have about 3 minutes of YouTube highlights but wow! I'd completely forgotten what he'd done to us. Ran spurs ragged too.

He's got pace, tons of skill and based purely upon his finishing you can see why some call him "The Egyptian Messi".

Only made better by the fact that the professional victims wanted him.

Very excited about this signing. He's showed what he can do when he's on form and truly up for it. Let's so how he deals with moving up a few notches on the ladder.

He's got the tools and a ill fit like a glove in our set-up.

If the £11m fee is correct - wow.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

I think the distinction would be that Roman is probably more Russian than he is Jewish and Salah's problem is with Israel which I'm guessing Roman has no affiliation with whatsoever (just like many British Jews for instance).

As we discovered with Lukaku yesterday, every press has certain expectations that have to be met, even if they seem nonsense in other countries. A leading question by an Egyptian hack could easily result in an unfortunate quote he would avoid now.

I suspect Russian jews are closer to Israel than British jews.

First British Jews are mostly those that chose Britain immediately post war with Israel as an alternative. Whereas a lot of Russians then had no choice then but have been moving in their thousands in the last 20 years.

And then there is a segment of Russian Oligarchs that have run off to Israel, usually a more criminal segment than those that ran to England. I'm thinking friends and partners of Khordorkovsky here who were certainly criminal.

Of course RA dissociates himself from many of them since they are often anti-Putin. But when you can ski in the mountains and then minutes later sunbathe on the beach, it sounds a great place to more your yacht.

Ham   

Let's hope he's a lot better than the German Messi we've sent out on loan...

Haha. He finishes like Messi. (Based upon YouTube scouting) That's all so far.

Welcome, Mohammed Salah.

Am happy about this. A pacy, direct, and hard working winger who plays on the right is exactly what this squad needs. Him being left-footed is an added bonus. I remember at the start of the season Jose said he'd like to use Mata from the right, as that would provide him with an inverted winger there (we have two on the left in Hazard and Schurrle). Of course, Mata isn't really suited to cutting in and taking on defenders. Salah is, and at only 21 he can really flourish if he works hard,

Additionally, we've strengthened, which was biggest concern (apart from selling to that lot) about the Mata sale. Salah is a quality 5th option who won't mind being a squad member who can work his way into the team. Good price, and we've managed to piss of the dippers as well. All in all, a good, prompt acquisition.

Admittedly it's from RAWK, but I've just read something from a "source close to the player" that Salah doesn't want to join us because he doesn't want to sit on the bench. Hopefully the club can wrap up the personal stuff quickly and that isn't an issue.