• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge (West Ham Utd 29/01/2014)

You can see a full explanation of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge here but the idea is pretty basic. How well can you do at predicting Jose's starting 11 for the Premier League fixture against West Ham Utd on Wednesday 29th January?

All you have to do is add a reply listing the players you think will start the game. I'll award 2 points for each player correctly predicted to start as well as bonus points for getting all eleven, or for predicting more starters than anyone else does.

You may change your mind and enter new selections as often as you like but no team lists posted, or edited, after 5:45pm GMT on Wednesday 29th January will be counted.

I'll post a table of the results after the match. It will help me to speed this up if posters can give their team in a standard format, with one player's name per line. Like this example: -

My Predicted Team

Blackman

Kalas

Luiz

Ake

Cole

Ramires

Matic

Schurrle

Willian

Baker

Eto'o

Good luck all.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicuetta

Matic Ramirez

Hazard Oscar, Willian

Torres

Read Jose's mind Challenge Cup Semi-Finals

Predictions for this game will be used to decide the semi-finals of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge Cup. These ties must be decided on the night and will not go to a replay. This is in keeping with the modern tradition for cup semi-finals.

In order to ensure that we do get a result the ties will involve injury-time as well as extra-time and penalties if required.

Injury-Time

If either tie is drawn after the predictions are compared to Jose's line-up in the usual way then Jose's first substitution, if there is one, will be regarded as injury-time. If the player introduced is named in either prediction then that member will be credited with an injury-time hit. If that hit is enough to give either member a lead then the tie is over and that member wins.

Extra-Time

If a tie is still level after injury-time then extra-time will be used. This involves using all substitutions made by Jose. If any player introduced as a sub is named in either prediction then that member will be credited with an extra-time hit. If extra-time hits are enough to give either member a lead then the tie is over and that member wins.

Penalties.

If a tie remains level after extra-time then penalties come into effect. Each member involved in the semi-finals is therefore asked to nominate a minimum of twelve penalty takers. A penalty taker is not a Chelsea player but rather is any CFCnet member who has entered a prediction for this round of The Challenge.

Each penalty taker can only be allocated to one of the members involved in a given tie so, after the deadline has passed, I will allocate penalty takers based on nomination list of each member.

If a named penalty taker achieves an above average score in this round of the challenge then their penalty is scored. If not, it is missed. The shoot out will be a best of three but if scores are level after three penalties each it will continue on a sudden death basis until we find a winner. Penalty takers' kicks will be taken in the order that they are allocated and they will be allocated in the order that they are nominated by the members involved.

There is a further description of the penalty kick procedure in this post if anyone would like more detail.

Good luck to all four members involved.

Draw:Jedini         vs.  Gaurav_blueSleeping Dave  vs.  3SphinxTies will be played using predictions for the Premier League game      with West Ham Utd on Wednesday 29th January.