• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 0 - 1 Chelsea

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 GMT, Monday, 3rd February, 2014.

Neomaru   

I expect Mourinho to field this lineup

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Cahill - Azpi

-- Luiz --- Mikel ---- Matic

Hazard ----------- Oscar

----------- Etoo----------

Bison   

I have been looking forward to this game for a while now. Last night's freak result doesn't change anything. If there is one team in this league that can go to the Etihad and get a win it's Chelsea. Just reading around and the sheer arrogance from the Man City fans is insane! I cannot wait for Monday night. :)

Scooba   

Exactly. If I was to predict one team in the league to win there it would be Chelsea. Come on we can do this!! Send out a serious message to everyone.

I really hate Monday night football. What the hell am I going to do with my weekend now?

I'm very interested to see how City line up. You can be fairly sure that we'll set up to keep the ball in the middle third, fairly high line and high press, for most of the game. But what will City do? Kompany has spoken recently about how City's attacking drive can be difficult for him and his defensive-minded colleagues to cope with and in Oscar, Willian, Hazard, Schurrle and Torres we have the pace and directness to punish a moment of imbalance. Will Pellegrini be tempted to drop down to one striker, as he did at Stamford Bridge (particularly if Aguero is not passed fit)?

Perhaps I'm wrong as I don't watch much City from kick off to final whistle, but I've got the impression that those who go there to defend or limit damage have been precisely those who've been absolutely hammered. It's those who've show a bit of intent who've driven them closest- perhaps we won't be as tentative as I assume?

City are quality through and through- they're perfectly capable of giving us a hiding but I think we are the best equipped, in terms of quality and the specific skill sets of the squad, in the league to have a go at them.

We haven't won at the Etihad since September 2008. JT was sent off, and Robinho scored an exquisite free-kick, we rallied back and won 3-1.

This will be a tough game, not too sure what to expect.

City will start the game strong, we'll need to take the game to them, their defense has been lacking. I really liked how Liverpool played against them, they probably could have picked up a win were it not for that incorrect offside decision.

4-3-3 here. We'll get eaten alive with 4-2-3-1

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill JT Azpi

Matic Mikel Lampard

Hazard Eto'o Oscar/Willan

Subs: Schwarzer, Luiz, Schurrle, Oscar/Willian, Ramires, Cole, Ba.

Gone from a must NOT lose to an almost MUST win. That's how poor last's night result was.