• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 0 - 1 Chelsea

Zoowraa   

I'd take a draw personally. I am convinced this City team will hit a sticky patch where they may go 3 games without a win. Last time they won the title they almost blew it in on route and it took Aguero goal in final seconds to clinch it. Pellegrini does not have a CV full of trophies either.

So we just need to stay in touch imo, they have more choke potential in final 8 games than we do. We have a team and manager who know how to get over the line.

Harvz   

I really hate Monday night football. What the hell am I going to do with my weekend now?

Exactly. I now have to get creative. I might even have to go for a walk. Not cool.

Man. They stomp all over everyone every week. I will be so happy with a point. It looks like Citeh are going to win the league - anyone but Arsenal - and they deserve to. They're a bloody good side who score hatfuls of goals.

I don't know if we'll do it though. I can see a 3-1 to them but we'll see.

Hoping for the best...

Siven   

Is Ramires suspended?

I reckon Mourinho will go

Cech, ivan, cahill, Terry, azpi, matic, mikel, oscar, willian, hazard, eto'o. Play 4-3-3.

Nichollz   

I wouldn't be surprised at any result to be honest. City's defence is not great, ours is a bit better, they have better strikers obviously but I could see us having lots of joy on the counter. Think any combination of Mikel/Matic, Matic/Luiz, Matic/Ramires could go toe to toe with their midfield. I think we'll score 2 so I guess it's up to our defence. Think we'll get a performance, Jose and the team know it's a big game, should be the first good performance at the emptyad stadium in a few years.

DLU   

I really hate Monday night football. What the hell am I going to do with my weekend now?

I'm very interested to see how City line up. You can be fairly sure that we'll set up to keep the ball in the middle third, fairly high line and high press, for most of the game. But what will City do? Kompany has spoken recently about how City's attacking drive can be difficult for him and his defensive-minded colleagues to cope with and in Oscar, Willian, Hazard, Schurrle and Torres we have the pace and directness to punish a moment of imbalance. Will Pellegrini be tempted to drop down to one striker, as he did at Stamford Bridge (particularly if Aguero is not passed fit)?

Perhaps I'm wrong as I don't watch much City from kick off to final whistle, but I've got the impression that those who go there to defend or limit damage have been precisely those who've been absolutely hammered. It's those who've show a bit of intent who've driven them closest- perhaps we won't be as tentative as I assume?

City are quality through and through- they're perfectly capable of giving us a hiding but I think we are the best equipped, in terms of quality and the specific skill sets of the squad, in the league to have a go at them.

I know what you mean, a weekend without Chelsea feels empty. I personally have decided to go to the cinema twice this weekend. Despite the american accent, the films are said to be really good and it's still better than spending all weekend in the library doing work for uni!

DLU   

As for the game, the big games this season have been the ones we played really well. I think we will see a similar game as against Munich five months ago. Stability at the back, and ruthless counter attacks at the front. We have what it takes to win it, so I think it will all be a matter of our form on this day and of course luck.

1-2 for us.

If anyone would like to enter their prediction of Jose's line-up to face City on Monday into The Read Jose's Mind Challenge they can do so in the thread linked here. Just follow the link and enter the names of the eleven players you think will be selected to start. The deadline for predictions is two-hours before kick-off so, 6:00pm GMT (1:00pm EST) on 3rd February 2014.