• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 0 - 1 Chelsea

I think it might be to kill the tempo and allow your players to position themselves.

And to send on another aerial presence to defend the corner - which Ba happened to head away!

Which games? Against which kind of opposition?

Personally I think he can play there regularly and bring lots to the team.

In essence any game where we're likely to dominate the possession. He's far to wasteful in his passing and far too hurried when he releases the ball.

For games where we press hard and have a lot of work off the ball then fine, he becomes like a sweeper who takes care of the threats before it reaches Cahill/JT. For Newcastle at home for example I'd never play Luiz. Not with the other options we have available.

Just my personal opinion.

Faramir   

I just watched the game again. Every player put in a great shift. Combination of hard work and intelligent football. Both teams had chances to score but more of the City chances were half chances against a well organized defensive set up, whereas we had over half a dozen high percentage chances to put the game away.

I don't understand any criticism of Luiz or Matic in that game. They both were excellent and never allowed Toure and Silva to get any kind of rhythm or control in midfield. You can see the frustration exhibited by Toure and Kompany as the game went on. They are not used to not being able to dictate the game.

In my opinion, I have no problem with Mourinho putting Matic and Luiz in those two central midfield positions, they will always make it hard against any opposing midfield and will give added protection to our defense. They are also both good in the air. I would play Matic every game in the Premier League for the rest of the season, and rest him (because we have to) for the Champions League games. And have him partnered with Luiz or Ramires.

I remember reading (can't remember the source) in the days leading up to the City-Chelsea game, that Hazard doesn't turn up in the big games. Well, he certainly put in a performance on Monday night. If he can consistently put in that kind of performance he will start to run opposition defenses ragged. And we saw some of that happening to City's defense. Awesome game by Hazard, and Willian and Eto'o also played very well.

I think our team came of age in that City game. City will be not looking forward to seeing us again so soon when we head back up their for the FA Cup.

Zidane   

Too easy, surely? What on kind of mind games did Jose play with him in Spain? He who is burnt by soup blows on yoghurt.