• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bokherif

Who is the most underrated player according to you

bokherif   

Well, I've seen the topic the most overrated players, there are also some underrated players too so who is the most underrated player according to you ?

I think I'll choose Hulk

Zoowraa   

Hulk would cost circa £30 million so seems a bit unreasonable to call him underated. But if you think he is even better than that, fair enough I suppose.

Winston Reid - Technically average but for an out and out defender in England he is very good and receives little praise (been injured for about 3 months though).

Youssef Mulumbu - Strong player who could play for a bigger club and be very influential.

Adam Lallana - Broke through this year but I still think he is underated and can become a real top player

Nathaniel Clyne - Shaw gets most of the praise out of the full backs but he is as solid a full back as they come.

Jonathan De Guzman - Lovely player to watch and again goes a little under the radar in England.

Vlad Chiriches - Been impressed with him this season, he cost a fair bit at £9 million, but very composed and reads the game well.

Romaine Sawyers - Plays for Walsall and caught a couple of their games this season and he has caught my eye. Has the potential to develop into a smart player, needs to step up to Championship level next season to see what impact he has there. A potential bargain for a Championship club with a bit of money to spend.

Vlad Chiriches - Been impressed with him this season, he cost a fair bit at £9 million, but very composed and reads the game well.

Terrific defender. Sucks to see him doing so well at Tottenham, but he's brilliant.

I'd say Azpilicueta is probably our most underrated player, but is getting some good recognition recently. Cahill maybe.

I'd say Hernandez is up there in the league though. Unbelievable how little respect he gets in regards to play time and opposition fans... Absolutely ruthless in front of goal.

Underrated? Alvaro Recoba, Dominique Rocheteau, Didier Six, Alain Giresse, Hans Peter Briegel, Preben Elkjaer Larsen, Henrik Larsson

Overrated? Pepe, Bobby Charlton, F.Totti, Divine Ponytail Baggio, Bryan Robson, Graeme Souness, Gary Lineker. Rio Ferdinand, Denilson, Jesper Olsen, J-P. Papin, Michael Laudrup....and MICHAEL BLOODY CARRICK

Fernando Torres is the obvious answer, he's probably the most underrated player of all-time when you compare his achievements to the amount of criticism he gets.

Michael Carrick of course, has nobody told you?

He's a good shout.

Otherwise it's always Frank Lampard. Criminally underrated his whole career. That has never disappeared.

Fernando Torres is the obvious answer, he's probably the most underrated player of all-time when you compare his achievements to the amount of criticism he gets.

When you compare his gameplay to his achievements, I think he goes down as fortunate more than anything else.