Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bokherif

Who is the most underrated player according to you

78 posts in this topic

Lampard is being massively underrated everytime he's compared to Steven Gerrard. Frank should be compared with players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo etc. You know, players that actually win league titles.

Lampard is being massively underrated everytime he's compared to Steven Gerrard. Frank should be compared with players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo etc. You know, players that actually win league titles.

Careful now.

The only one that immediately springs to mind is Tiago ( the one who played for us) I thought he was brilliant for us , never gave the ball away but seemed like I was ploughing a lone furrow I was gutted when Jose reluctantly let him go.

Lewis Holtby, unfortunate that he has to be in the middle of Spurs/Fulham mess.

A few from yesteryear

Pierre Littbarski, Thomas Hessler, Jan Cuelemans, Emilio Butregueno, Andreas Brehme, Philip Cocu and Rui Costa

jon Obi mikel. The most underrated, under appreciated player to put on our colours. I have finally resigned to seeing him leave soon for a side which shall play him more often than not. And more pertinently where 80% of the fans respect/love him. Besides we have a marginal improvement on Merieles so we are happy. He hasn't done much as yet, but it seems his reputation of being an average no nonsense type has endeared him to us all.

From Chelsea Bjarne Goldbeak and Emerson Thome always struck as a little underated imo, Mario Melchiot and when fit Celestine Babayaro.

Emerson Thome! Absolutely loved him! Was gutted that he didn't stay longer.

The only one that immediately springs to mind is Tiago ( the one who played for us) I thought he was brilliant for us , never gave the ball away but seemed like I was ploughing a lone furrow I was gutted when Jose reluctantly let him go.

He might be coming back!

Nicholas Bendtner. Best striker in the world but nobody seems to know it.

Emerson Thome! Absolutely loved him! Was gutted that he didn't stay longer.

Terrific player, and sadly almost forgotten by current Chelsea fans. Our first Brazilian, iirc. Sold because Colin Hutchinson got way too clever for himself: Sell Thome for a profit, and buy (the appalling) Bogarde on the cheap. Not his finest hour.