• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge (Galatasaray 26/02/2014)

You can see a full explanation of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge here but the idea is pretty basic. How well can you do at predicting Jose's starting 11 for the Champions League fixture against Galatasaray on Wednesday 26th February?

All you have to do is add a reply listing the players you think will start the game. I'll award 2 points for each player correctly predicted to start as well as bonus points for getting all eleven, or for predicting more starters than anyone else does.

You may change your mind and enter new selections as often as you like but no team lists posted, or edited, after 5:45pm GMT on Wednesday 26th February will be counted.

I'll post a table of the results after the match. It will help me to speed this up if posters can give their team in a standard format, with one player's name per line. Like this example: -

My Predicted Team

Schwarzer

Ivanovic

Cahill

Terry

Azpilicueta

Mikel

Lampard

Ramires

Salah

Schurrle

Eto'o

Good luck all.

Read Jose's Mind Challenge Champions' League

The draw for the second qualifying round of has been made. It will involve thirty-two members in sixteen knock-out ties that will be played using predictions for the game against Galatasaray on Wednesday 26th February.

The winners of these ties will progress to the group stage of the competition where they will join sixteen members who have been given direct entry to that phase of the competition due to occupying one of the top sixteen places in the RJMC leaderboard on the date of the first qualifying draw. Those sixteen are: -

3Sphinx, A Blue Essien, aussieblue53, Bristol Blue, Gaurav_blue, Jedini, middxguy, NorwayBlue, Richard Redmond, Sciatika, Scooba, Sea foot, Sleeping Dave, SZB LOVES CHELSEA, The Psycho Pianist & Zoowraa

RJMC Champions' League Second Qualifying Round

Read Jose's Mind Challenge Champions' League Qualifying Round 2 Draw:Ham                vs.  OfWolfAndBiggsBlue_Fever         vs.  thevelourfogbluecueball        vs.  Super DidierZwicky             vs.  Droy was my heroMichael Tucker     vs.  ArkieBob Singleton      vs.  gavhcBox of Tricks      vs.  stokerinoBlue_In_Every_Way  vs.  GURJ SSakshayathreya      vs.  DLUVinod              vs.  SivenOriginal 21        vs.  eidurgudjohnsenHazardous          vs.  Kieron RyanKing José          vs.  Johnny BeeGrimsby Blue       vs.  synavmInferno            vs.  Kumbayabromleyblue        vs.  Andy FordTies will be played using predictions for the Champions League game      with Galatasaray on Wednesday 26th February.

There WILL be home advantage in these ties and there will be no replays. All ties will be settled on Wednesday. If any tie is drawn, injury-time and, if necessary, extra-time and penalties will be used to determine a winner.

Home Advantage

The member shown first (ie on the left) in each pairing has home advantage. This means that the potential to score injury-time hits is ONLY available to the member with home advantage.

The members with home advantage in the first eight ties listed earned that right by occupying places seventeen to twenty-four in the RJMC Leaderboard on the day that the draw for the first qualifying draw was made. The members with home advantage in the remaining ties benefited from the luck of the draw.

Injury-Time

This means taking Jose's first substitution into account. If the first sub introduced is a part of home member's prediction then that member scores an additional hit. If this results in the home member having more hits then the tie is over and that member wins. If scores are still level however, we move to...

Extra-Time

This means taking all of Jose's substitutions into account. If any sub introduced is a part of either member's prediction then that member scores an additional hit for each such sub. If this results in one member having more hits than the other then the tie is over and that member wins. If scores are still level however, we move to a...

Penalty Shoot Out

Penalty takers are allocated to each member and take kicks in a best of three shoot out. If scores are level after three kicks each, the shoot out continues on a sudden death basis until we have a winner.

Penalty takers are not Chelsea players. Instead they are other CFCnet members who have made predictions for this round of the challenge. Each member will have a number of penalty takers allocated to them but the same penalty taker will not be allocated to both members in the same tie.

Penalty takers score or miss their kick based on their scores in this round of the challenge. I will calculate the average number of correct predictions per entry across all entries for the round. Penalty takers whose score is above that average will have been successful with their penalty, otherwise they will have missed.

Penalty takers can be allocated automatically but, if they wish, members are free to use their judgement and nominate a list of penalty takers who they think are most likely to achieve good scores. If members wish to nominate then they need to post a list in this thread at any time up to 5:45pm GMT on Wednesday 26th February 2014. As with predictions for the line-up, members are free to change their list of penalty takers if they wish as long as changes are made before the deadline.

The member drawn first in each tie gets the first name on their list allocated then further allocations are made alternatively with each member being allocated the highest remaining name on their list.

A list of penalty takers allocated for each tie will be posted in this thread after the deadline passes.

If anyone would like me to try to do a better job of explaining any of this, I'm happy to answer questions posted here or sent in a PM.

Good luck to all thirty-two members involved on Wednesday.