• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Fulham 1 - 3 Chelsea

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Fulham at Craven Cottage, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 GMT, Saturday, 1st March, 2014.

Will obvs drop points here. Easily dismissed but extremely important point lamps makes. Euro teams on a weds sat or thurs Sunday schedule more often underperform. Coupled with our lack of finishing is a recipe for disaster. Unless hazard had a blinder.

mata433   

key word for this fixture rotation. or we might have another west brom experience.

Cech

bane cahill Terry Cole

rammers matic

schrulle oscar willian

eeto

hazard has been overused and its showing with his performance. he needs a break and schrulle looks hungry.

We're going to be shattered going into this. Arrival in the early hours Thursday, with the rest of the day off, leaving only Friday for a light workout and recovery and tactical analysis. There are going to be some seriously weary legs out there and because of that I'd make a host of changes, 5 to be exact:

Cech; Dave, Cahill, JT, Cole; Ramires, Matic; Salah, Oscar, Schurrle, Eto'o

Perhaps start Willian/Hazard instead of Salah, as an away derby might not be the best initiation for Salah, but I reckon some changes are a must. Fresh legs are needed now more than ever, and we really have to go all out for a win. Having one or both of Willian/Hazard as well as Lamps/Torres/Ba off the bench as an option means we can change it up later if needed.

This is the type of match we have to win if we want to be champions.

I agree that this is a very tricky game off the back of a CL away leg but with Man City not playing we simply have to win it - however we do it and whatever it takes. We must pile the points pressure on them when they aren't playing. An ugly win for us will seemingly be the most beautiful of wins in this.

As for our lineup why not stick Ba up top for starters as he must be fresh having not played much and I think he deserves a chance to give it 55-60 mins to show why he should be playing. Should be extremely hungry. Giving Eto'o and Torres a little rest by making only a potential sub appearance would be good.

Schurrle should also be a definite nailed-on starter (good hard-working player too, I have a lot of time for him), Salah would be a risky one but this might be a chance to give him a go if Hazard is on the bench. Hope Luiz is fit to go alongside Matic (who should be fresh), I'd play Willian for sure here too and on the bench have Ramires, Mikel, Eto'o, Torres. It's very risky to change the defence when we've been playing so well but I think maybe Cole should allow Azpilicueta a rest here as we will NEED Azpilicueta at 100% at the business end of the season.

This is a match where Mourinho will be earning his keep with the lineup he picks as the wrong (tired) one will cost us crucial points and the right one could be a step towards the title.

Arkie   

1) Struggling bottom of the league side check

2) New Manager known for his discipline check

3) London derby check

4) Away from Stamford Bridge check

5) Post CL midweek game check

Points drop guaranteed. Brace yourself.

Fulham are absolutely atrocious at the back- we really need to expose that.

They've tended to play both Sidwell and Parker this season, which is a very immobile combination- there can be no excuses for surrendering the midfield like in the last two fixtures. Luckily Matic is available again and I would hope the decision to not play Luiz in midweek was at least partially motivated by this game.

Personally didn't like Schurrle's performance on Wednesday, but perhaps I'm blaming him for Torres running in to all the wrong places. I'm all for easing players in, but if Salah isn't ready for 60 minutes against the bottom team after 6 weeks at the club, then having him is pointless. It's time to use the squad.

Scooba   

Nothing less than a comfortable victory here. 0-3 Hazard, Luiz, Eto'o.