• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Aston Villa at Villa Park, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 GMT, Saturday, 15th March, 2014.

Scooba   

Is another 3 points too much to ask? Lets keep this run going, we can win the league.

I don't understand why we've been so poor in the first half of matches--It's been like this since that draw against West Brom. Hope we fix something.

I'd go with Hazard, Eto'o, Oscar, and Schurrle upfront.

2-0 win to us, but of course, we'll score these goals after the 60th minute.

I think it's been a conscious plan of ours for months - 0-0 at half time is a score Mourinho is delighted with as he backs us 100% to win every second half we play, something he obviously has transferred into every player too.

It dares opposition to attack us full-on in the first half while they still can - but scared stiff that we'll kill them on the counter if they over-commit and get it wrong.

It's a great plan and working brilliantly to date. As long as we win against Aston Villa I don't mind how we do it.

Over the next few weeks:

12/3 Barcelona - Manchester City

15/3 Aston Villa - Chelsea

15/3 Hull City - Manchester City

18/3 Chelsea - Galatasaray

22/3 Chelsea - Arsenal

22/3 Manchester City - Fulham

25/3 Manchester United - Manchester City

29/3 Crystal Palace - Chelsea

29/3 Arsenal - Manchester City

After that City have still (in order) Southampton home, Liverpool away, West Brom home, Palace away, Everton away and West Ham at home.

Plus two games yet to be scheduled? Not even sure who it will be against?

But the fact remain. If we keep up our last 14 game form to the death we have a great chance of winning it.

I think it's been a conscious plan of ours for months - 0-0 at half time is a score Mourinho is delighted with as he backs us 100% to win every second half we play, something he obviously has transferred into every player too.

It dares opposition to attack us full-on in the first half while they still can - but scared stiff that we'll kill them on the counter if they over-commit and get it wrong.

It's a great plan and working brilliantly to date. As long as we win against Aston Villa I don't mind how we do it.

Yes - I've been starting to wonder if it's part of a deliberate tactical plan. I'm not bright enough to work out how though! Maybe it's to do with the conservation of energy, the attracting of opposition bookings in the 1st half and then the press like maniacs and force tired and vulnerable defenders into horrible mistakes in the 2nd...

Our record there is terrible, isn't it?

I'd settle for a draw. Win would be great and all, but we're not going to win every game and I think this will be one of them.

I'd go with:

-------------Eto'o

Hazard---Willian---Schurrle

--------Matic-Lampard

Azpili--Terry--Cahill--Ivanovic

------------Cech

sydneyoz   

A tough away match, we are not very convincing in my opinion. All 4 goals against Tottenham were quite lucky.

Though somehow we keep grinding wins out :)

Hopefully Hull can draw with City in the 1245pm match and give us incentive to go out and pump Villa.

ironstar   

Let's keep calm and keep on winning.

Arsenal and Liverpool both dont play until Sunday, so a win will really be turning the screw on them. Not to mention that they play Tottenham (I know, but derby, form, window, etc) and Man Utd (inferiority complex) respectively, both away. We could realistically be 10 points clear on Sunday evening.

Often you will find that our 2nd half surges correlates pretty well to the time when the ref is finally forced to book the opponents defensive midfielders or centrebacks for all the cynical fouls they commit on our attacking players, giving them the freedom to do their thing late on.