• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 0

It's a tough place to go, but I have fantastic memories of our win there last season, in what has to be one of the most memorable games in our history.

Super Frank.

Last seasons game at Villa Park was my favourite game of the campaign, seeing Frank break the record meant more to me than the Europa final.

I really fancy us, my only worry is Benteke might have one of those games where his is unplayable. Even then we should still win considering how we've been defending.

3-1, with Frank scoring.

Holymoly   

Plus two games yet to be scheduled? Not even sure who it will be against?

Villa and Sunderland, both at home. Their game at Manure will be key imo

Scooba   

And also the emirates, anfield and Goodison. If they drop points in 3/4 of them and we win our next 2, I would fully expect us to win the league.

DLU   

Three points and I'm happy, I don't care if we'll do it pretty or ugly, means are unimportant at this stage, but results are. Go for it you blues!

Yeah you would have to expect them to win both against Villa and Sunderland. Nothing is for certain of course and nobody expected them to lose at home to Wigan... But still - they would be massive favourites in both games.

If we win our next two league games I'm seriously going to start believing we can win it. Especially if Man C drops points at United.

Yeah you would have to expect them to win both against Villa and Sunderland. Nothing is for certain of course and nobody expected them to lose at home to Wigan... But still - they would be massive favourites in both games.

If we win our next two league games I'm seriously going to start believing we can win it. Especially if Man C drops points at United.

That is taking superstition to extremes.

We are already odds on favourites. City are going through a bad moment. No wonder JM wants to keep a lid on it.

That is taking superstition to extremes.

We are already odds on favourites. City are going through a bad moment. No wonder JM wants to keep a lid on it.

Can't speak for Dave, but I already feel and have felt all season that we can win it.

What has wavered in me is the conviction that we will win it- was sure we would after the Bayern performance, had come round to thinking we'd narrowly miss out by the turn of the year. Beat Villa and Arsenal and my wooly, non-committal can will become a fairly brazen will.

Can't speak for Dave, but I already feel and have felt all season that we can win it.

I remember telling everyone in Spring that we would be certain to win it with JM on board. I wasn't so certain once the season began which I guess is natural.

And I was very upset when I saw the size of the squad. That may still harm us, but we have been fortunate that only 2 players really failed to turn up this season (which in historical terms is not many). KDB and Essien were non-actives; they and Bertrand and Mata have moved on, while Salah and Matic have arrived with Matic playing a lot of games already. So we now have a similar number of active players but are a bit better balanced.

We were also fortunate that several new players (Willian, Schurrle and Eto'o) have needed no settling in period, and we have had just one significant injury all season.