• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelsea-Till-I-Die

CFC booking fluffs it again for Palace

In the online queue for over an HOUR this morning for Crystal Palace (a) - online allocation sold out; call centre engaged from 9am-10am - remaining tickets sold out.

...and all this following on from the STH debacle a week or so ago.

We're a big club - can our ticket office and system catch up one of these days please? Mugs.

Why do the club insist on selling tickets for more than game on the same day, surely it can`t be that difficult for them to stagger the selling days, which might ease some of the problems in the virtual waiting room which can`t cope when so many fans are logging on to buy tickets

Reading this makes me feel a little better for when I totally forgot the STH on-sale date for Palace away until the day after.

They have no idea about which games will be in demand. Why can't they just ask a fan at the start of the season about which games should go to loyalty points..

I'm finding it harder and harder to get tickets - not sure if people use apps or something but, I find that I need to be logged in well before 6 to have any chance.

JayD   

The fact that not enough games are on points has been raised in the fans forum. Below is the response from the club, which, as a member with 120 points who has been away in Europe and missed out on a Palace ticket, I quite frankly, think it's bollocks. Purely lazy from the box office. Even if an upper level of points where guarenteed a ticket for high demand games (even just 300 tickets on loyalty points) it would have done the job.

The last paragraph is most important.

Loyalty points

One representative proposed that loyalty points should be recorded and applied from the past three seasons and also the effort going to a specific away game should be more significantly rewarded. Another representative commented that loyalty will always be a subjective issue.

The Club responded that it hasn’t allocated additional points at short notice for some years. The Club has treated the World Club Championships and Super Cup as being closed group matches and therefore minimum or no loyalty points were allocated. However that will be changed if we get there again. The policy now is that European away games are five points, everything else has stayed as they were. All FA Cup games, Capital One matches and European group games are five points. All league matches are three points or one point.

As regards the longevity issue, the previous season is only looked at for sales in the first month of each season. Members can therefore earn points towards cup semi-finals, finals etc equally throughout a season which rewards attendance during that season.

One representative commented that for Spurs away, there was pressure to buy a Basel home match ticket in order to qualify with enough points for a Spurs ticket. The Club responded that if it hadn’t differentiated at that point, all ST holders could have qualified for a Spurs away ticket.

The Club explained that, when an allocation is received, it calculates an upper grouping who are guaranteed a ticket. The loyalty points level then comes down in subjective stages to prioritise loyalty whilst guaranteeing a ticket as much as possible. Two seasons ago a system was introduced whereby if the member allocation doesn’t sell out within a set time, ST holders are reintroduced as potential purchasers. This system can be crammed into a five day period such as for Arsenal in the FAPL.

One representative commented that away ticket scheme members sometimes don’t qualify for a cup final ticket. The Club responded that the domestic and European schemes are separate and any member within one group will have the option to buy a cup final ticket domestically or for Europe, according to the relevant scheme, along with away ST holders. It is probably the case that the individual complainant was a member in the domestic scheme but didn’t qualify for a European final ticket.

The Club was asked why more matches aren’t sold on loyalty. The Club responded that not all fans can get to every game so it’s ideal that some matches aren’t loyalty based. It would create a closed shop system. It was suggested by one representative that Leicester away would be very popular if they go up. The Club repeated that it doesn’t want too many matches to be sold on loyalty in order to maintain a balance of “open” and “closed” matches.

The atmosphere will suffer now, I know many regulars at away and european games that have missed out. Well done.

paulw66   

The fact that not enough games are on points has been raised in the fans forum. Below is the response from the club, which, as a member with 120 points who has been away in Europe and missed out on a Palace ticket, I quite frankly, think it's bollocks. Purely lazy from the box office. Even if an upper level of points where guarenteed a ticket for high demand games (even just 300 tickets on loyalty points) it would have done the job.

The last paragraph is most important.

The atmosphere will suffer now, I know many regulars at away and european games that have missed out. Well done.

The truth is, no system will please everyone but away London games should be on a loyalty points basis.

edit - and Croydon.

Why do the club insist on selling tickets for more than game on the same day, surely it can`t be that difficult for them to stagger the selling days, which might ease some of the problems in the virtual waiting room which can`t cope when so many fans are logging on to buy tickets

The virtual waiting room shouldn't even be required. Our club has the resources to buy servers that can handle this kind of traffic.

^ I think the club's response there is satisfactory, in all honesty.

Loyalty should be rewarded, but becoming loyal should not only be incentivised- it should be possible in the first place. Make too many sales based on loyalty points and no one else ever gets a look in. I've been on both sides of this- there have been seasons where I'm flush and have no commitments in August-October, so getting tickets to anything else all season has been a piece of piss. There have been seasons where I'm skint or busy early on so don't stand a chance of going to any away games as the season closes. Neither is ideal but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

I'd award loyalty points based on a calculation that takes popularity and distance traveled into account. I don't think flying hundreds of miles to watch an elite team or for a piss up necessarily equals 'loyalty' when ST seats are regularly unfilled or taken by tourists when a League One team roles into town.

Chelsea, owing to a relatively small capacity and high costs that limit ticket price reductions, is starting to suffer from an ageing fan base. Those old fans deserve respect but the club will find itself in big trouble if it closes the shop for them.

^ Plenty of games up north those people can go to.

What gets to people here is that there's so many that only focuses on midlands and London games and don't have any interest to do the northern ones.

When the fun London ones pop up they sell out immediately.

Loyalty should be rewarded so that the games where there will be a high interest goes to the ones with most loyalty points.

The lazy ones shouldn't be rewarded with a chance to go to the most sought after games. The lazy ones should get there chance to 'prove' themselves for the games they can get a ticket without loyalty points.