• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Joses Mind Challenge Rule Change Poll

Proposed Read Joses Mind Challenge Rule Change  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be regarded as the official team for the Read Joses Mind Challenge?

• The eleven players who actually start the game for Chelsea. (Current rule)
    • The eleven players named in Jose's original selection as released to the media before the game. (Proposed new rule)

Following Nando's late withdrawal from the starting line-up to face Spurs on 8th March, a discussion has come up about how this situation should be treated in The Challenge.

The current ruling is that the official team is the one which actually starts the game and not the one which was originally handed in to the referee one hour before kick-off. This means that Samuel Eto'o, who replaced Torres, was regarded as a correct prediction and Torres was regarded as an incorrect one. It has been proposed that this ruling should be changed.

The challenge is to read Jose's mind the argument runs. It says that, since Jose intended for Torres to start the game, members who predicted Nando would be in the team have in fact read the boss's mind correctly and should earn points. Meanwhile, members who forecast that Eto'o would be selected were in fact wrong and should not earn points.

I'm happy to be guided by members views on this and to change the rule if that view is clearly reflected by the votes in this poll. If the rule is changed as a result of the vote, it will be applied retrospectively so the outcome of any affected predictions will be amended and points totals updated. From a practical point of view, this is an easy thing to do.

Opinions are welcomed along with votes.

Wow. Top man.

Cheers. It's not a big deal but since this competition was so excellent in every single regard my expectations have grown exponentially!

TBH I don't mind it the way it is, don't think it makes a difference either way really but it's good to see what everyone thinks and get a consensus.

I reckon the original selection. Jose probably takes his time to choose the XI he prefers, and an injury just before the game that leads to a change isn't an accurate reflection of his selection.

IMO of course!

Hi Stan

I should have known that the interest for such a vote would have been low. Most people (apart from me of course) seem to have a life and more important things to consider!

Only five votes so far - think we need a minimum number of votes to change the rule.

Dave

Hi Stan

I should have known that the interest for such a vote would have been low. Most people (apart from me of course) seem to have a life and more important things to consider!

Only five votes so far - think we need a minimum number of votes to change the rule.

Dave

I agree that we need a quorum but I haven't put a number on it. My plan is to mention the poll when I send out the RJMC_CL fixture reminders which will happen tomorrow. I'll then leave the poll open until Saturday afternoon and see how the voting looks at that point.

The XI who start of course. That's the whole point. Yes, if someone is due to start but gets injured in the warm up that is unfortunate, but life happens.

I would say the team that actually plays. If Jose has 11 players in mind and if someone gets injured in warm up..its still jose's decision to play a certain player to replace the injured. Its unfortunate and may not happen often. Thats my opinion though

I think it should be the 11 that Jose names so in case of the Tottenham game Torres should have been a hit and not Eto'o even though this would have meant I lost my CL match!

One thing I would say is that maybe the rule should be changed for next year and keep it as it is for now seeing as this situation has already occurred and you decided that it would be the 11 players that start the match.

I think it should be the XI that's named personally, because it's the 'Read Jose's Mind Challenge' not predict the XI that started the match. Jose's mind was made up that Torres was the one to start the match.