• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Galatasaray 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League match against Galatasaray at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 GMT, Tuesday 18th March, 2014.

Can't believe I managed to get tickets for this on Friday, luckily my Dad checked the ticket news the night before. Was so gutted to miss out on the initial sale due to low points (only been to Swansea), then missed out on the 2nd surprise sale a few weeks ago and was resigned to ITV. So 3rd time lucky and it's a dream come true. Near the GS fans too so I'm ready for a deafening.

Will be nice to welcome Didier back. I'm sure he'll score.

I think the lack of a 2nd away goal will cost us in the end. Plus they have had an extra days rest than us (0-0 away). Little things like that at CL level can be the difference.

mata433   

jose got his tactics and subs wrong against villa, hopefully he learns from that. Villa have a had problem in the left back and thats why they loaned bertrand. Jose should have known this and played schurrle but instead played willian who pops up around the field instead of attacking his direct opponent.. Still so mad about the loss of the league, but I guess you can't lose what you never had so woteva

team vs gala

Cech

ivanovic cahill Terry azpi

rammers luiz

schurle willian hazard

eeto

Scooba   

Actually don't care that much about the result, just glad Didier will finally get a proper goodbye.

You don't care if we go out? What?

Actually don't care that much about the result, just glad Didier will finally get a proper goodbye.

I very much DO care about the result but yes it will be extraordinarily special to say hello and goodbye to one of THE very greatest players to ever grace our shirt and my favourite player of all time, displacing Kerry Dixon after many years.

Will be a tough game to start with but Galatasaray are (generally, certainly historically, although maybe less so in the group stage) pretty bad travellers so once we get ahead on the night we should be able to put them away for good.

We will certainly need to watch out for King Didier though as he proved in the first leg he is still well capable of causing havoc in the box at set-pieces.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

You don't care if we go out? What?

Which part didn't you understand?

Go on, do some grandstanding about how amazing a fan you are because you really, really care.

I never want to go out of competitions or to lose games. But when this draw was made, I had only one thing in mind- seeing Drogba at Stamford Bridge again. That's what tomorrow night is all about for me. Beating Gala to go through to the quarter finals would be good, but probably not the sort of thing that will live on vividly in my memory. Singing the Drogba song again to welcome back a hero- that's the sort of thing I'll be boring my grandchildren about in 30-odd years time.

Sorry if that upsets or confuses anyone.

Will be a tough game to start with but Galatasaray are (generally, certainly historically, although maybe less so in the group stage) pretty bad travellers so once we get ahead on the night we should be able to put them away for good.

They drew 2-2 in Turin which would be put them through tomorrow night.

I don't think going 1-0 up will be enough to make their heads drop. GS need a goal from the start, us going 1-0 up won't change that for them. Hell even going 2-0 up wouldn't be totally safe as if they nick a goal to make it 2-1 the pressure will be on.