• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCreadie

The Run In

My guess is that seven wins will do it. Anything less will see us fall a tad short. Maybe, just maybe, we could escape with 1 draw. But anymore points dropped than that, will see City needing to "not win" 3 games or more and that is very unlikely. Thoughts?

My view is that we'll NEED to win all of our games, no more dropped points.

Liverpool are too strong and have a lot of momentum whereas City keep getting results but are still flying under the radar - probably because it looks like they're third.

I will be surprised if they drop more than 2/3 points each which means that we need to keep going.

Beating Liverpool would be lovely though.

I think everyone will drop points.

I'm not too worried about the trip to Anfield. Mostly because, as this season has demonstrated, Mourinho is an expert at getting Chelsea to get whatever it is they need from the big games. If we need to go there and get something, I would back us to the hilt to manage it one way or another. But it's not even worth considering- there are four games between then and now and maximum points from them is essential.

Two of those games are the ones that worry me most- Palace and Swansea away.

City go to Old Trafford, the Emirates, Goodison Park and Anfield. I think it's perfectly plausible that they will fail to win at least three more games, and I'd confidently predict they'll fail to win at least two.

Ultimately though, I think we'll fall one or two points short.

DLU   

I don't want to sound like a whiny bum, but I'm a bit frustrated about the amount of points we lost in unnecessary defeats against lower tier opposition like Aston Villa, West Ham, Stoke or Newcastle. It would be sad to not win the league after beating Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Spurs so comprehensively.

But we still have a decent chance as City have three hard games coming up over the next two weeks, so here's hoping they'll drop 4 points or more. If they won't they'll win the league I'm afraid.

Khobar   

I don't think we'll win it, which is a shame. Will lessen the blow if Liverpool don't win it - I'm amazed they're still up there to be honest, given the state of their defence. I think a defeat might knock their confidence though.

City continue to either grind down or steamroller teams which is title winning form - win the next 3 and it's theirs.

We've done incredibly well to last the pace this far though.

I'm really hoping that Villa were our last points dropped this season. We've come back strongly from that against Gala and Arsenal and went on a long run after losing to Stoke too - hopefully we can do that same.

That said, we've not beaten Swansea at the Liberty in 3 attempts so that'll need to change.

I'm confident we can beat the Scousers at their place too.

Just need City to drop points, starting with Tomorrow night. #InMoyesWeTrust

I don't think we'll win it, which is a shame. Will lessen the blow if Liverpool don't win it - I'm amazed they're still up there to be honest, given the state of their defence. I think a defeat might knock their confidence though.

City continue to either grind down or steamroller teams which is title winning form - win the next 3 and it's theirs.

We've done incredibly well to last the pace this far though.

They don't need to defend. If the opposition scores 3, they just gotta score 6.

When they come up against a tough defence they may be screwed, but there aren't too many of them in the Premier League.

Sarin   

Liverpool will not win it.

Either Chelsea or Man City will beat them, I actually think we both will.

It is between Chelsea and City to see who can avoid tripping up on the run in.

Liverpool play

Sunderland

Spurs

West Ham away

Man City

Norwich away

Chelsea

Palace away

Newcastle

Think they will lose at Chelsea and Man City, probably drop at least 2-3 points elsewhere.

Man City have

Utd away

Arsenal away

Southampton

Liverpool away

Sunderland

West Brom

Crystal Palace away

Everton away

Villa

West Ham

A few big games. Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd away.

If we can hope for a draw against Everton, and for one of Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool to get a draw, that puts us a point in front if we win every game

Our remaining games are

Palace away

Stoke

Swansea away

Sunderland

Liverpool away

Norwich

Cardiff away

By far the easiest run in my opinion, and the teams playing very well.

Dont see Palace, Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Norwich or Cardiff really tearing our defenses apart, we just need to make sure we score goals.

Liverpool away is the must win, and will destroy their title chances.

Our team is built for teams like Liverpool, teams that attack and don't have the greatest defense that can be destroyed on the transition (Arsenal)

We just need Man City to stumble, not fall, just stumble.

And to be fair, apart from destroying a terrible Fulham, they have looked more likely to stumble recently, especially compared to them in the start of the season.

Honestly I think in terms of the other teams' results I think we're going to need to be tiptoeing through a bit of a minefield - it would really, really help us for Liverpool to not just draw with Man City but beat them, yet the confidence that would give Liverpool going into the game against us would be potentially a bit like a tidal wave.

Would be a huge and unexpected bonus if Man Utd could eke out a draw on Tuesday against Man City and I think it's imperative Arsenal show some (hugely unlikely) backbone at long last and get at least a draw at home to Man City, preferably a win. Surely there must be some kind of big game response after we humiliate them?? And not in their prior game against Swansea.

Having said that about Liverpool earlier, I still think they'll blow it in a random game (or two) like our (absurd) loss against Aston Villa.

As for us it can only be one game at a time. The only focus can be on each individual game and treating them all as (the yawn-inducing cliche of) cup finals.

If we won every game remaining then we're almost nailed-on. Can I see us doing that? No. Does that mean we won't win it? No.

Exciting times.

I'd love us to win it but first and formost we must stop "the peoples Champions" from doing so.