• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Stoke City 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Stoke City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 GMT, Saturday 5th April, 2014.

First time this season I'm thinking about the match after instead of the next one. I hope the players recover quickly because we know what Stoke can be like.

Matic-Luiz to give Stoke a taste of their own medicine.

Khobar   

Would like us to play this with one eye on Tuesday. Rest Terry and give Kalas a start, plonk Van Ginkel (fitness permitting) a start in the middle with Lampard, stick Matic behind them with Schurrle and Sala out wide and Ba up front.

Oh, and start Schwartzer for Cech.

That gives 6 days rest for Cech, Terry, Luiz, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Eto'o. If Cole is fit I'd rest Azoilicueta too.

Think I might have a laugh with this and play Ba and Torres up top together, Salah and Schurrle out wide , Ramires and Matic centrally and Schwartzer in goal with Iva, Kalas, Terry , and Ash if available.

If nothing else it'd be interesting.

Faramir   

Would like us to play this with one eye on Tuesday. Rest Terry and give Kalas a start, plonk Van Ginkel (fitness permitting) a start in the middle with Lampard, stick Matic behind them with Schurrle and Sala out wide and Ba up front.

Oh, and start Schwartzer for Cech.

That gives 6 days rest for Cech, Terry, Luiz, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Eto'o. If Cole is fit I'd rest Azoilicueta too.

I don't think our back five need resting. I would play them with Matic and Luiz in the central midfield. The one player I would consider resting is Hazard.

I hope Eto'o is fit for next Tuesday. I would not risk him in the Stoke game.

I would play Ba up front against Stoke. Unless Torres shows something special in training over the next two days what is the point in even having him on the bench?

Faramir   

Think I might have a laugh with this and play Ba and Torres up top together, Salah and Schurrle out wide , Ramires and Matic centrally and Schwartzer in goal with Iva, Kalas, Terry , and Ash if available.

If nothing else it'd be interesting.

Ramires is serving the last of a three game suspension.

Faramir   

I hope Mourinho takes this game completely seriously. If we win well on Saturday it can only help player morale leading in to Tuesday and keep our outside chances of the Premier League title alive.

I hope Mourinho takes this game completely seriously. If we win well on Saturday it can only help player morale leading in to Tuesday and keep our outside chances of the Premier League title alive.

Mikel it is then!

bluereed   

Before that 2nd leg against Napoli, we played and beat Stoke 1-0 at home...

Yes but we had Drogba then and now we don't have any comparable striker. If it's Torres at the Bridge I reckon we will be out of the competition. If Etoo is fit we may have a slim chance.