• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Swansea City 0 - 1 Chelsea

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Swansea City at Liberty Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:07 GMT, Sunday, 13th April, 2014.

Must win. We say it all the time but that's where we're at right now.

Next two games away to Swansea and at home to Sunderland must yield us 6 pts.

We'll know the Liverpool/City result by the time we take to the pitch. TBH we should find a way for any possible circumstance to motivate us.

Get Schurrle and Salah (and Willian) on that pitch and let's blitz their back line.

Probably the only game I'm worried about in the run-in now.

Haven't beaten them on their turf since they got promoted and will possibly have a Champions League hangover.

It's a good point about knowing the City-Scousers result. Any sort of result should be used to gee us up.

Come on Chels!

Lampen   

With hazard out we will have a MUCH more direct playstyle with schurrle and salah. That will profit us I think, comfy 2-0 chels!

paulw66   

Cech, Ivanovic, JT, Cahill, Cole, Matic, Ramires, Schurrle, Salah, Willian, Ba.

Would rest Azpi. Brana will get a rest when we play the first leg of the semi. Would give Eto'o a rest to make sure he is fully recovered.

Would be tempted to play Luiz at centre half and rest of the regular two.

Would be tempted to play Luiz at centre half and rest of the regular two.

Not at Swansea I don't think. Luiz ran himself ragged just as much as the other two (probably more) last night, so it's hardly as though he'll be fresher. A decent shout for the Sunderland game though (which will also be at home and therefore 'safer' to mess with our defensive line-up without unfortunate consequences).

Faramir   

We'll know the Liverpool/City result by the time we take to the pitch. TBH we should find a way for any possible circumstance to motivate us.

Get Schurrle and Salah (and Willian) on that pitch and let's blitz their back line.

Mourinho will probably have the team start focusing on Swansea beginning tomorrow (Thursday). That will give us three full days to prepare for them. I hope the team can match the focus and intensity and discipline of the PSG game. Because if they do there will only be one winner.

I think Matic and Salah both have to come in to the side. Salah will help us stretch the Swansea defense. If Luiz is recovered from his amazing physical performance I would like him to start alongside Matic. But Ramires is well rested so he may well get the nod.

Some may think that Ashley Cole should get a start, but I believe we should not tinker with our back four while we still have a chance at Premier League glory. Azpilicueta was immense on Tuesday and certainly does not look the slightest bit jaded.

It was so good to see Cech back to his confident best yesterday. That great one handed save in the first half. Coming out from his goal line with determination to win the ball and punching clear on about four occasions. The crucial save at the near post right at the end, which made up for the near post blunder at the end of the first match. I hope he can push on from here because he's looked a little wobbly in set piece situations over the last few months.

I would like Mourinho to play:

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Luiz Matic

Salah Willian Schurrle

Eto'o

Bench: Schwarzer Cole Lampard Oscar Torres Ba Ramires

I thought Willian looked really good in that #10 role against Stoke and would like to see him get another chance.

Mourinho needs to prepare and fire up the team, and the players need to dig deep to bring that added motivation, even though Swansea does not compare to a must win Champions League game at the Bridge.

The other obstacle in our way is our recent run of three away defeats. It is crucial we put that behind us this Weekend.

We must use the added belief and momentum from the magic of last night to instill great confidence in our remaining league performances. With Liverpool and Man City playing earlier in the day a good result for us there (draw, in particular, or Liverpool win) could see this become a huge opportunity for us.