• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 0 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:05 GMT, Sunday, 27th April, 2014.

GURJ SS   

We will win.

Edit: We will need our big game mentality, an I am sure we will take it to them. They have leaked goals all season. We can weather the storm of their attack if they choose to attack. If they play counter attack, then more fool them, they won't be able to get the ball in that case. Confidence, arrogance, whatever you call it, is essential in this game. They do have a atmosphere in their ground, but it won't be enough to stop us. 12th man, might as well give them 13, we will still win.

Just an early (and friendly) warning to any and all Liverpool fans who may join us: If you come here to engage in intelligent discussion regarding the game, and respect the fact that you're a guest on a Chelsea Forum, then you're most welcome. We understand that you will wish to support your team, and friendly banter is fine - If however, your intention is to insult Chelsea - the club, its owner, manager, or players - or, to indulge in threatening and/or offensive behaviour, then you will punted quicker than you can press the 'post' button.

mokilove   

So many players are injuried, so I´m not confident about this one tbh.

haifarul   

Considering that this will be my first trip to Anfield I will be gutted to see a weaker side put out,but it is perfectly understandable.Few weeks back look like a title decider and now looks like a rubber stamp for the scousers title.Still maybe a chance for the younger players(youth and reserves) to prove themselves.I just hope we dont get embaressed.

Terry might be back for Atletico as some reports say it's just a sprain.

We need someone to deal with the Cannibal, old man Gerrard should be properly handled by Ramires, Sturridge and Sterling shouldn't give us too much trouble. Hopefully, we can soak up pressure and transition quickly on the counter.

Schwarzer; Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole, Ramires, Matic, Salah, Schurrle, Oscar, Ba.

jones   

The thing is, weak or not, the front six of the team almost picks itself:

Matic Mikel

Schurrle Lampard Salah

Torres

Four of them are ineligible to play Atleti, and both Schurrle and Torres unlikeliy to start on Wed.

The back four against Atleti is likely to be Azpi Ivan Cahill Cole, unless Oscar drops deep with Luiz in defence. Can we trust Ivan in the centre? Anyway, the new back five (!) should probably get to test themselves at Anfield before the big game.

Pool: Schwarzer; Azpi, Ivan, Cahill, Cole; Matic, Mikel; schurrle, Lampard, Salah; Torres

Atletico: Schwarzer; Azpi, Ivan, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Luiz; Oscar, Willian, Hazard; Etoo

cii99mn1   

Who do we want to rest for the Atlético game?

Willian for sure, would be surprised if he starts.

Hazard, Eto'o and Oscar too please. Maybe let Hazard play 20 minutes at the end.

Azpilicueta and Ramires are monsters and don't seem to need rest, but ideally none of them plays.

If Cole is going to play against Atlético he could do with a rest as well.

That leaves:

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - No one

Matic - Mikel

Schurrle - Lampard - Salah

Torres

Could also play 4-3-3 as against Atlético with Lampard dropping deep. Park the bus and slow Liverpool down and counter with Schurrle, Salah and Torres.

Mourinho wants to rest anyone that will be playing against Madrid.

Blackman

Back four to rotate: Ivan/Luiz/Cahill/Dave/Cole/Ake/Kalas

Matic - Mikel

Schurrle - Lampard - Salah

Ba

BTW I still rate Torres.. I think he should start on Wednesday even if Eto is fit.

I'd be hugely surprised if we seen any major rotation outside of the core 18 or so senior players.

The real potential for surprise in the line up is Van Ginkel. Where is he in terms of match fitness? I could see him being risked over the next few games.