• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg match against Atletico Madrid at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 GMT, Wednesday, 30th April, 2014.

mokilove   

Actually our second string played much better yesterday than "our heroes". ;)

This is the game of the season. What a huge, huge night this will be for everyone of both clubs. We must all be ready to do what we need to, I know I am!!

Must-win at all costs. Nothing else matters.

I believe. We can DO this.

Scooba   

Bridge will be rocking. We can definitely do this. Stay solid at the back, possibly play 4-3-3 again (although we may be forced not to depending on who's fit) and counter attack them. I'd take a comfortable 2-0 please.

Another defensive game is called for IMO.

The risks of attacking much in the first 75 mins are that we might concede on the counter and that would be fatal.

If we leave it till 75 mins and extra time to press, then AM will just be battling to stay in the game and that will work great for us.

Hazard to come on after 60 mins (I hope)

Scooba   

Which midfielders do we have available? Ramires and Luiz?

Lampard, Mikel - suspended

Matic - ineligible.

ironstar   

Jose will need to shake the bag a bit with regards to midfield. I can't wait till Wednesday, I so want us to repeat our CL win from 2012. Hopefully Terry will recover, he was a monster in the fixture in Madrid. Is Ivanovich eligible? He was great at CB yesterday. Such a shame that Matic can't play for us in the CL, he really is a pillar in our midfield.

Jose will need to shake the bag a bit with regards to midfield. I can't wait till Wednesday, I so want us to repeat our CL win from 2012. Hopefully Terry will recover, he was a monster in the fixture in Madrid. Is Ivanovich eligible? He was great at CB yesterday. Such a shame that Matic can't play for us in the CL, he really is a pillar in our midfield.

Ivanovic I'm pretty sure was suspended for the first leg so returns (and has only played once in the last week).

Yesterday's back four + Cahill are all available, so if JT returns, Cole will drop out. so while I do appreciate JT, It is not a crucial issue.

Luiz will be in midfield I'm sure. Indeed I think Luiz and Ramires is all we have for CMs.

I half agree on Matic.

Sciatika   

Which midfielders do we have available? Ramires and Luiz?

Lampard, Mikel - suspended

Matic - ineligible.

MvG, Baker, Ake, RLC and Swift. So, as you say, probably Rami and Luiz.