• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge (Norwich City 04/05/2014)

Report on Predictions For Round Fifty-Five of The Challenge

Barring a miracle, or perhaps I should say four miracles, there will be no Chelsea champions on the pitch this season. CFCnet, however, has its team prediction champion. Many congratulations to Sleeping Dave whose sixteen points in this round are enough to confirm him as the winner of The Read Jose’s Mind Challenge. With one round of the challenge remaining there are twenty-six points still to play for so Dave’s thirty-four point lead is unassailable.

Dave has been outstandingly consistent all season and is a deserving winner. He first moved to the top of the leaderboard on 19th October following round eleven, the home game with Cardiff, and held the lead until the Capital One Cup game with Arsenal, four rounds later. Dave then sat second in the table until round eighteen, the trip to West Ham on 23rd November, after which he regained top spot. At that point his lead was just two points but in the five-and-a-half months since he has extended it to as much as forty-two points without once relinquishing the overall leadership.

I’ll have more to say about Dave’s excellent season in the build up to the Read Jose’s Mind Challenge Champion’s League Final which will be decided using predictions for the game with Cardiff next Sunday.

That final will be between Dave and Norway Blue after their victories in yesterday’s semi-finals. Unfortunately NB’s opponent, akshayathreya, did not post a prediction for this round. By rule, the line-up he predicted for Wednesday’s fixture against Atletico was used instead but scored only five hits. As a result Norway Blue enjoyed a comfortable win. The other match up was a much tighter affair however.

A Blue Essien vs Sleeping Dave was level at eight-all after comparing their predictions to Jose’s starting eleven. They each then added an additional hit when Hazard was introduced but , as neither of the other substitutes was in either member’s prediction, there was no further scoring. Nine-nine after extra time took us to penalties. Remember that our shootouts are the best of three but the first eight penalties were all missed so we had moved to sudden death when Original 21 scored with what was Dave’s fifth attempt. That meant that SZB LOVES CHELSEA needed to score for ABE to keep the tie alive.

The average number of hits per entry in this round was 8.06 so, in order SZB’s penalty to be scored he needed to have achieved nine or more hits but in fact managed eight. His spot kick was therefore missed and Dave had won one-nil on penalties. Commiserations to A Blue Essien but he does still have something to play for in the main challenge. Currently fourth, ABE has an outside chance of finishing third but he might also drop to fifth because he is only two points ahead of Richard Redmond.

Meanwhile, double congratulations are due to Norway Blue who, in addition to reaching the RJMC_CL final, also achieved his second top of the season in this round. To complete a very good day, the twenty points NB collected saw him move ahead of middxguy into fifteenth place on the leaderboard. I’ll have more to say about NB in the build up to the final.

There was a fourth unanimous miss of the season in this round. Everyone predicted that Azpi would be in the starting selection but he was not of course. That contributed to the average score for the round being on the low side. At 8.06 it was just above the bottom ten averages for the season. To set against that there were four unanimous hits; Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill & Willian.

Check the Cardiff thread tomorrow for a preview of the RJMC_CL final.

We finish our season with round fifty-six. Cardiff City Next

Jedini   

Congrats, Dave! :)

Cheers Jedini!

I must hail Stan for his unwavering professionalism and dedication making sure this competition is the best thing that CFCnet has seen so far. Certainly the highlight of the season for me!

Didn't see myself winning this and at one stage I was close to giving up as aussieblue53 managed to hit anything that moved.

But I hit form at the right moment while ab53 saw his fortunes change dramatically overnight. Then I managed to keep my consistency high enough to ensure there was no way back for him.

It would be amazing to cap it off with a double but I think I've used up all my luck in the RJMC_CL run so far! What is that, my second or third penalty win?

Tough luck ABE. It was a close call!

It would be amazing to cap it off with a double but I think I've used up all my luck in the RJMC_CL run so far! What is that, my second or third penalty win?

Second. None of you RJMC Cup ties went to pens but your RJMC_CL quarter-final did.

Congrats S Dave!

Cheers Jedini!

I must hail Stan for his unwavering professionalism and dedication making sure this competition is the best thing that CFCnet has seen so far. Certainly the highlight of the season for me!

Didn't see myself winning this and at one stage I was close to giving up as aussieblue53 managed to hit anything that moved.

But I hit form at the right moment while ab53 saw his fortunes change dramatically overnight. Then I managed to keep my consistency high enough to ensure there was no way back for him.

Tough luck ABE. It was a close call!

Well done mate! Far too good!

Barring a miracle, or perhaps I should say four three miracles, there will be no Chelsea champions on the pitch this season.

!!!