• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Norwich City 0

Harvz   

Yeah and contrast that with a player who is said to be joining us soon goading us in the stands after his penalty. Didn't do himself any favours in making me like him but you can't fault his hunger.

Doesn't bother me at all that. I'd wind up each and every group of away fans regardless of whether I'd leave the club at some point. They'd know what they're getting anyway, and there's a lot to be said for bleeding the colours of your club.

Ham   

Completely off topic but quick question;

Why don't we have a star above our badge for 2012?

Zidane   

Because of things like this:

Screen-Shot-2013-12-03-at-11.54.26-AM.pn

Manchester_City.jpg

Doesn't really have anything to do with "the big one" any more.

Ham   

Because of things like this:

Screen-Shot-2013-12-03-at-11.54.26-AM.pn

Manchester_City.jpg

Doesn't really have anything to do with "the big one" any more.

Except ours would. Which brings me back to my question.

I'm 100% with you on that. Allegedly it's 'small time' according to a vocal minority, as if winning the European Cup could ever be 'small time'.

It's a crying shame we don't have one on our crest.

Anyway that's for a different discussion, this one is about us maintaining a push for a PL title. Stranger things have happened than home wins for Everton, Chelsea and Crystal Palace this season.

Don't write us off.

Also worth hoping that Hull aren't in a pre-Cup Final slumber and beat Aston Villa today to ensure a desperate Villa are playing Man City in midweek.

Harvz   

Except ours would. Which brings me back to my question.

You missed the debate by about 20 months. There was a book of pages on it after we won the thing. Not sure if we reached a consensus, but the gist of it was that different clubs do it in different ways, but the bigger clubs don't tend to put them on it. Perhaps because when you win multiple, it looks a bit tacky.

Can't remember the specifics, but the issue was a branding one- we would have been obliged to jump through some bureaucratic hoops in order to use a star.

I am honestly not sure how I feel about Everton taking the lead against City.

Re: the star - adding it would have required an alteration to the 'official' club badge under some manner of (FA? UEFA?) regulations and I suspect that the club didn't fancy the cost of changing ALL the branding (and then being under pressure to do so again when we eventually won a second...).