• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bridgejunky

Read Jose's Mind Challenge (Cardiff City 11/05/2014)

You can see a full explanation of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge here but the idea is pretty basic. How well can you do at predicting Jose's starting 11 for the Premier League fixture against Cardiff City on Sunday 11th May?

All you have to do is add a reply listing the players you think will start the game. I'll award 2 points for each player correctly predicted to start as well as bonus points for getting all eleven, or for predicting more starters than anyone else does.

You may change your mind and enter new selections as often as you like but no team lists posted, or edited, after 1:00pm BST on Sunday 11th May will be counted.

I'll post a table of the results after the match. It will help me to speed this up if posters can give their team in a standard format, with one player's name per line. Like this example: -

My Predicted Team

Cech

Ivanovic

Ake

Kalas

Azpilicueta

Luiz

Matic

Hazard

Ramires

Schurrle

Ba

Good luck all.

Sciatika   

Schwarzer
Ivanovic
Cahill
Terry
Azpi

Mikel
Lampard
Willian
Hazard
Schurrle
Torres

Schwartzer

Ivanovic

Kalas

Terry

Cole

Matic

Lampard

Oscar

Schurlle

Hazard

Eto

The Read Jose's Mind Challenge Champions' League Final

The final of the Read Jose's Mind Challenge Champions' League will be decided using predictions for this game.

The Tie must be settled at the first time of asking so, if required, it will feature injury-time, extra-time and penalties.

Injury-time means that if, and only if, the scores are level after comparing each member's prediction with Jose's team in the usual way, then Jose's first substitution will be taken into account. If that substitute is named in either member's prediction then they will score an additional hit. If that hit gives a member the lead then the game is over and that member has won.

Extra-time means that, if and only if, the tie is still not settled following injury-time, then all of Jose's substitutions, including the first, will be taken into account. If any substitute introduced by Jose is named in either member's prediction then that member will score an additional hit for each such. If extra-time hits give a member the lead then the game is over and that member has won.

Penalties will come into effect if, and, only if, the scores remain level after extra-time. Each member will be allocated a unique list of penalty takers, no penalty taker can take a penalty for both members. Penalties will be taken in a best of three shoot out. If the score is tied after three penalties each, the spot kicks will continue in a sudden death contest until we have a winner.

Penalty takers are not Chelsea players, but are other CFCnet members who enter a prediction for this round of the challenge. If a member achieves more than the average number of hits in this round then their penalty is scored, if not, it is missed. Penalty takers will take kicks in the order in which they are allocated and that allocation will be done randomly. That said, a member may try to influence their allocation by posting, or PMing, a list of nominated penalty takers. If that is the case then in each round of the process, they will be allocated the first name on their list that has not already been allocated.

Any nomination lists must be posted in this thread, or sent to me by PM, before the deadline for entries passes. Any received by PM will not be made public.

Members can be, and usually are, allocated to take a spot kick for themselves but they will never be allocated to take one for their opponent. The list of nominations will be posted in this thread as soon after the deadline as possible.

It has never happened yet but should we still be level after all penalties have been taken, I will adjust the number of hits required to score a penalty upward by one hit and we will continue the sudden death shoot out from the top of the allocated lists. I will continue doing this until there is a winner unless it is clear that this will not work in which case I will reduce the number of hits required to score a penalty and continue doing that until we find our winner.

The Final: -

NorwayBlue vs. Sleeping Dave

Good luck to both of you.

The Read Jose's Mind Challenge Champions' League Final Preview (Part One, The Finalists)

NorwayBlue

I haven’t asked one of my quiz questions recently so let me drop one in here, can anyone guess where our first finalist is based? J Long term members will be familiar with NB because he’s been a CFCnet member for seven-and-a-half years. He is not a prolific poster however, his credited post count is barely over 200. Clearly his posts are more about what he has to say than how often he says it. :)

NB first entered the challenge in round 16, the home game with Schalke on November 6th and has missed only three rounds since. His tally of seven hundred and seven points is therefore not really as far behind his opponent’s as it may seem; those points having been gained from thirty-seven entries, eighteen fewer than Dave’s fifty-five. I’ll analyse both members prediction records in part two of the preview but let me just say that as far as the points totals are concerned, appearances can be deceptive.

NB tends to post closer to the deadline that Dave does . It may help him to have sight of the line-up he has to beat, or it may not. We’ll see.

Sleeping Dave

Dave has already won the Read Jose’s Mind Challenge for this season, so is seeking his second major title of the season. He’s a season ticket holder but has been a Chelsea fan for a relatively short time having only been a blue since 1994! Those of us with a bit more staying power had already been Chels for twenty-eight years by then! Knowing Dave I imagine his excuse will probably have something to do with his birth certificate. :)

Dave has been using CFCnet since 2005 and clearly has passionate views about the club. He has entered every round of the challenge.

Summaries

iGM6aA8.png?1zciagO7.png?1