• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our final Premier League match of the 2013/2014 season, against Cardiff City at Cardiff City Stadium, before, during and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 GMT, Sunday, 11th May, 2014.

Last game of the season, thank God there is a world cup this summer to tide me over. I have high expectations of next season, I really can't wait already.

Would be nice to go out with a win.

I'm already on vacation mode, buzzing for the world cup though.

I'd just be happy with a win, even if it is a scrappy goal.

Sister's birthday, so there'd have been big trouble if we could win the title here and I had to bail on family plans!

It would be nice to go out on a win, but the worst thing that happens is that we drop points away to a sh*t team. I've got my head round the prospect of that already.

Didn't actually realize that if City lose their remaining two games and Liverpool lose theirs we will be champions with a win here. Not excactly the most likely of scenarios but just imagine.. :)

Back to reality - as long as there's a chance of overtaking someone in the table I expect a strong side from Jose. Hoping for some minutes for some of the youths tough. Baker, Ake and Kalas in with a shout perhaps?

paulw66   

. Hoping for some minutes for some of the youths tough. Baker, Ake and Kalas in with a shout perhaps?

Not exactly Jose's style. Would be nice to see a couple of youngsters get some game time like United did last night but I fully expect we go there with our strongest XI

Not exactly Jose's style. Would be nice to see a couple of youngsters get some game time like United did last night but I fully expect we go there with our strongest XI

Agreed, don't think any of them will start but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of them coming off the bench

I could see minutes for Kalas but as Baker and Aké are likely to play in the U21 final they are unlikely to be involved.

??

Players that have appeared in the last PL game of the season for Chelsea managed by JM (3 games)

Newcastle 04/05: Nuno Morais, Steven Watt, Oliveira, all 3 came on as subs (Grant was the other outfielder on the bench)

Newcastle 05/06: Lenny Pidgely started, Diarra started (2nd PL start, the first was earlier the same week), Jimmy Smith sub, and Mancienne is on the bench aged 18 (his actual Chelsea debut is 3 seasons later)

Everton 06/07: Nuno Morais is a PL sub for the 4th and last time time ever (no PL starts). Ben Sahar is a sub, Sam Hutchinson comes on as sub (first ever appearance in the squad). Lee Sawyer is the non-keeper who stays on the bench.

With 7 places on the bench now, we could see some very odd names appearing. Indeed Read Jose's Mind Challenge will be tough this week.