• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpool-criticised-tweet-marking-johan-cruyffs-death/

The world tweets praise about Cruyff.

LFC tweet a quote from Cruyff praising those wonder fans.

It's always about them. Always.

Ruudboy   

.. Except when there's blame to be apportioned, and then ... Hey presto ... Nobody to be seen!

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpool-criticised-tweet-marking-johan-cruyffs-death/

The world tweets praise about Cruyff.

LFC tweet a quote from Cruyff praising those wonder fans.

Good grief. When even a social media monkey, a really junior employee very far removed from anything to do with the real boots-on-the-ground practicalities of the club comes up with this self-aggrandising crap, you can see just how deep this goes.

So glad that I'm a lottery winner and not an heir. So crass and tasteless.

So benteke wished he had never signed for the murderers. and lo, the media erect the gallows for the man. How DARE he not want to play for them! The faux outrage was so predictable.

No doubt a hastily arranged press conference will be arranged on his return to,self pity city to explain how his comments were " lost in translation" and that really he loves the place and supported them since the womb. I hate them.

Day two of coverage in the media about Cruyff, STILL no mention of the Liverpool tweet in The Daily Mail or SKY Sports.

Just imagine the meltdown had it been a tweet from Chelsea.

Couldn't find the right section to post my view on him so forgive me. Cruyff wasn't every bodies cup of tea ( just take a trip to the most overrated players thread ) but for me growing up in the early seventies he was truly outstanding.didn't always agree with his opinions but as a player he earned the right to be called a true legend.

Edited by kennypaul

10 hours ago, kennypaul said:

Couldn't find the right section to post my view on him so forgive me. Cruyff wasn't every bodies cup of tea ( just take a trip to the most overrated players thread ) but for me growing up in the early seventies he was truly outstanding.didn't always agree with his opinions but as a player he earned the right to be called a true legend.

Great player, apparently a great man too, however, from memory , never had a nice word to say about us , so that clouds it somewhat for me.

13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Great player, apparently a great man too, however, from memory , never had a nice word to say about us , so that clouds it somewhat for me.

iirc JM Chelsea's beating Barca was terrible for football etc.

Great player, great manager.

RIP.