• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Ham   

Dunno if anyone can post a gif of the winning goal.  Look at what happens in the "disabled" section directly behind the goal.  It's like Lourdes. 

Blue badges being revoked en masse today.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Dunno if anyone can post a gif of the winning goal.  Look at what happens in the "disabled" section directly behind the goal.  It's like Lourdes. 

Not in Liverpool they aren't....

lol

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Yer I know!

I remember Carragher calling up Adrian Durham on Talksport and offering him out when he didn't like the comments he made about him and his precious club

The bloke is a Buffoon

The issue with Carragher is that his view are only the tip of the iceberg with regards to Liverpool being the greatest club side the world has seen and the only one with any history to speak of.

Every media outlet in the UK is infested with these entitled scousers who shout everybody else down when they dare to question Liverpool's alleged superiority.

Carragher is annoyed because Cundy had the temerity to mention that Liverpool have never won the Premier League which in Carraghers mind is heresy because years ago they won the previous league many times.

Like Heysel , facts are bent to ensure Liverpool are shown in a positive light. They have never won the Premier League but that doesn't matter because they have history.

When England famously imploded at the World cup , Mickey Quinn another semi-retarded Scouse dolt used his platform on Talksport to rightly castigate the side , stating "None of the players should be allowed to play for England every again"  Wait for it , "except for Gerrard and Rooney", two scousers, arguably the worst performers in the squad.

Every football article on the BBC is filtered through a pro Scouse filter as are SKY , I've just seen a "Steven Gerrard inspired victory for LA Galaxy" where he made one pass and Giovanni dos Santos got two goals and looked to be running the show.

The media firmly believe that everyone supports Liverpool as their second team as the editors of these outlets are rabid Liverpool supporters and cannot imagine another view. Why wouldn't we.

It's a fight we can never win but I salute Cundy for trying.

• Like 1

It may be that LFC is the biggest Industry still in operation in that City of Liverpool, and the Govts or subsequent governments need the it to keep doing well. To occupy the general public' minds, their discussions, their general lives as it were. Imagine a Liverpool with a relegation fighting LFC? or a Liverpool playing Championship (where it belongs).

This half baked theory is not entirely without merit; the city has a whole lot of issues most prominently violence, drugs, loss of jobs and suffering from a severe economic crisis going back many years. A failing LFC may exacerbate the problem. The  national media with the backing of our government pities them, without actually Doing something about it.  

But the bias is so glaringly obvious sometimes that it borders on taking a effing piss. Help the city sure, don't piss on the football for the rest of the fans.

(discounting Everton for this argument)

Edited by earthshine
didn't know if I should post it

And so it begins. The out pouring of faux grief to remember the fallen.

The 96 poor souls who did lose there lives were the victims. However for those outside ( who may or may not have been ticketless and or drunk ) to be absolved is ridiculous. Anybody who went to games in the 80's witnessed this behaviour. We as fans were no different. Remember "you can't ban a Chelsea fan" ?.

I think it was Oldham away and we turned up en mass and were immediately ushered into the stadium where the police could keep an eye on.

The verdicts to day don't suprise me and for the victims families they are just. If it had been us or millwall or West Ham during the same period the agenda would have been massively different.

I was hoping this wasn't going to be brought up, but,  I feel sorry for the families.  For 27 years they have been used as a tool to make political points about the South Yorkshire Police that are largely based on anti-Thatcherism and the SYP role in the miners strike.  This has never been about football, or frankly about the victims, the families or Liverpool fans taking the blame.

Patnevinswedge comments aside, the worst behaved fans in those days were Liverpools.  They remain the worst.  No one would ever say this in public, but everyone knows it is true.  Ask the fans who have had bricks thrown through their windscreens where they were at the time.

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I was hoping this wasn't going to be brought up, but,  I feel sorry for the families.  For 27 years they have been used as a tool to make political points about the South Yorkshire Police that are largely based on anti-Thatcherism and the SYP role in the miners strike.  This has never been about football, or frankly about the victims, the families or Liverpool fans taking the blame.

Patnevinswedge comments aside, the worst behaved fans in those days were Liverpools.  They remain the worst.  No one would ever say this in public, but everyone knows it is true.  Ask the fans who have had bricks thrown through their windscreens where they were at the time.

Defining worst of an evil is pointless. However  I do agree with your other points made. 

49 minutes ago, Patnevinswedge said:

And so it begins. The out pouring of faux grief to remember the fallen.

The 96 poor souls who did lose there lives were the victims. However for those outside ( who may or may not have been ticketless and or drunk ) to be absolved is ridiculous. Anybody who went to games in the 80's witnessed this behaviour. We as fans were no different. Remember "you can't ban a Chelsea fan" ?.

I think it was Oldham away and we turned up en mass and were immediately ushered into the stadium where the police could keep an eye on.

The verdicts to day don't suprise me and for the victims families they are just. If it had been us or millwall or West Ham during the same period the agenda would have been massively different.

Yep. Unfortunately this whole horrific thing has been, as a friend said to me today, hijacked by those who aren't connected with it but love wallowing. It's Liverpool, what do you expect? What happened at Hillsborough was dreadful and of course my sympathies are with the families and friends of those who died, but as Pat here says, the faux grief is there - and for me it's sickening. No dignity whatsoever.