• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

20 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This is the strange thing, isn't it.  The whole press is reporting as though everyone in England is behind the apologies.  They are not - they see it as a sham to shut up a pleading bunch of scouse whiners.  Lets all put the blame on those South Yorkshire Police and medics (ie the very ones that picked up the dead bodies) and pretend we are nobler people today.  Sanctimonious crap AND minority sanctimonious crap too.  No one really believes in the new story.

Indeed to his great credit, the Head of the South Yorkshire Police has refused to fall in with the crowd and taken suspension as a result.  

Excellent.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

So well put.

And now to my horror the Premier League are apparently considering if 'Hillsborough tributes' will take place at matches this Bank Holiday weekend.  One suggestion is that You'll Never Walk Alone could be played and sung by supporters at every top flight stadium.  Yes I know!  Whose bright idea was that?  I would certainly keep my mouth firmly shut but I can imagine many fans of ours and other clubs wouldn't and all hell would break loose..........'Disgraceful behaviour from Chelsea supporters showing their disrespect to the 96 fans who died, Liverpool Football Club and their magnificent history and the entire population of Liverpool who have suffered so much over the years'.  

With the greatest of respect to the 96 and their families, who I genuinely feel for, this is now getting out of hand.  How many more 'tributes' do we need?  Sadly it's not going to bring any of the dead back and all this public grieving for people I never knew, and this isn't the only example, well it's something I have a real problem with.   

8 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Nobody thinks that the relatives of the victims are to blame. And probably not the victims either. They were probably the ones at the front who turned up in good time. I'd be pretty pissed off with the coverage in the days immediately after the event if it were my relatives that had died. And I would want the people responsible to be brought to book (because that's what helps make the loss meaningful), But, to my way of thinking, simply blaming the police, the Sun newspaper and conservative politicians is symptomatic of our society. By doing so,we allow others to absolve themselves of any responsibility including the FA, the stadium owner, the medical services and, to a degree, the fans.

On that day, a large number of people turned up too late to get through the gates because the gates were inadequate for the numbers in the time available.They formed a huge crowd of people trying to get in. They knew the game had started and were pushing to get in. The gate should never have been opened - they should have been made to wait and enter the stadium in an orderly manner. The police decided to open the gate to relieve the crush. I believe they were trying to avoid injury outside the ground. When the gate was opened, they rushed in and pushed their way onto the terraces behind the goal. Why did they believe they had a right to stand there when it must have been obvious it was too crowded? They must have known personally that they were creating a dangerous crush. Those that arrived late should have backed off and taken positions on the side. In short, they should have given a **** about the safety of their fellow fans. Apparently, they cared more about themselves than others. I am not saying they were solely responsible or even the most culpable, but to my way of thinking Liverpool club and fans should collectively accept that some of their number contributed to the situation and those that did should take some of the responsibility for it. But they don't - they never do. It's always somebody else's fault.

Brilliant posts. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Fully agree, JB: while I have the greatest sympathies for those who lost loved ones at Hillsborough (and Heysel, for that matter), this is getting far too mawkish for my pedestrian tastes, and an invitation to the more waggish members of our community to parody the anthem. God help us all.

Indeed.  And 'mawkish' is a word I should have thought of, absolutely spot on. 

Excellent.

So this Hillsborough remembrance day will involve singing Hillsborough Carols on the eve of D-Day,  or just have special Poppy's which everybody has to wear on the day.

It should have about as much importance as any other Natural Disaster, or a Plane Crash, otherwise the Lockerbie  victims would demand their own annual day remembrances, July 07 London go on victims go on forever....and countless others.   Liverpool as a club needs to ask the question, how was it that so much people ended up inside? surely the Police is not there to check the individual tickets?   What else could the Police had done differently other than this stupid Argument, that there should have been More of The Police.  Its very good in theory, but increase in Policing will ultimately reflect on ticket prices ; and nobody wants that!

In the middle of a crowd a policeman is just as another face another person. Just as hapless. Everywhere hundreds of possibly thousands of people die in religious fervor in Mecca and every few years in Kumbh  Festival in India, and everytime they make fool proof plans: they make plans. Have anyone observed the Policing in Mecca? how ruthless they are? how on edge they are? but even they fail. 

Makes no sense when they are so blinded by their own misery.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

This is the strange thing, isn't it.  The whole press is reporting as though everyone in England is behind the apologies.  They are not - they see it as a sham to shut up a pleading bunch of scouse whiners.  Lets all put the blame on those South Yorkshire Police and medics (ie the very ones that picked up the dead bodies) and pretend we are nobler people today.  Sanctimonious crap AND minority sanctimonious crap too.  No one really believes in the new story.

I'm sure you are right but I wish I could see a bit more evidence of this.  I guess no one dares to go against the 'official' line in public.  I see there was apparently a 'mutiny' by staff at The Times because it wasn't going to be the main story on their front page today so it was changed. 

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm sure you are right but I wish I could see a bit more evidence of this.  I guess no one dares to go against the 'official' line in public.  I see there was apparently a 'mutiny' by staff at The Times because it wasn't going to be the main story on their front page today so it was changed. 

The times football editor is Tony Evans a rabid scouser. Say no more.

• Like 1

I think the original purpose of the Justice for 96  has been hijacked over the years (have heard as much from Liverpool fans) the original purpose being justice for the victims as it should have been. Therefore exposing the denial of the authorities of a coverup which we now know did take place. I can totally understand that angle and no one should die at a football match.

However, the Justice for 96 also seems to have had a second sadly predictable purpose and that was to force the media to broadcast that 'No fans' were at all responsible for the deaths. I do think the Sun newspaper were wrong, I don't think anyone peed on the dead or stole from them. But I do think there were ticketless fans who were difficult to control, were they drunk? Maybe maybe not in fact having known some scousers around that time they were more likely stoned but the point is the pack mentality and jibbing mentality was there (as it probably would have been albeit in smaller numbers with any club including Chelsea).

Reading the official report extract (thanks to Pat Nevins Wedge) it's obvious that there were people gaining entry illegally (a figure of 150 is mentioned at one point steaming through an open gate) and even if there were only a relatively small amount they were clearly there and contributed to the disaster. It also mentions the crush before the turnstiles and that 'most had tickets' most is not all.

The thing is 'they' know they did it but their tribal closing of ranks has helped cover the tracks of the wrongdoers in their midst and they have forced it so that the media have accepted their version. They have also tried it with Heysel (less successfully) with the imaginary Chelsea fans (still no apology for that), Stadium wasn't fit for purpose, policing not good enough, Juventus fans no angels lines that have been drip fed to the media.

By the way, should the FA force the whole world to sing the camp show tune, remember it wasn't even exclusively their song until recent times, check out the shed singing it aginat them in the 77/8 Cup game.

paulw66   

And now the families are not only after "justice" they are after £19m

The real reasons are coming out pretty quickly. 

On 4/16/2016 at 1:10 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Edited by exiledblue
came up as a Mark kelly post and it wasnt