• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Baloo   

As Chelsea supporter, as a football supporter it truly saddens me to read some of the comments in this thread. So many of you missing the point, trying to register yourselves as the most hardened Chelsea follower by taking the anti scouse line to it extreme may win you some friends on a forum but very cowardly nevertheless. Would you really face the mother of a victim of unlawful killing and put the case that there was an element of blame for your childs death that must be apportioned to the fans that went to a game of football and moreover because they were scousers? 

Thank God we have moved in to a litigious culture where cover ups and injustice do not thrive. Perhaps there are some of you who preferred to live in those dark days, the days when the likes of Jimmy Saville thrived as a peadophile, or when Paul Canoville were roundly booed by racist Chelsea fans, at the time many of those who did would spout the "I'm not a racist just got caught up in it, it was a different time" defence . Those idiots weren't bigger or better Chelsea fans for it, in the same way that having a pop at Hillsborough victims now won't make you a better Chelsea fan. 

I know there are many on this site who don't even go to games , they are probably the most prominent contributors here as they feel inadequate as a Chelsea fan and require validation from from who they regard as real supporters. If you are one of them then I can tell you that in the real world and at the real Stamford Bridge you would be in a very tiny minority.

Time for some human decency. 

Edited by Baloo
  • Like 2

If this gives some closure (and some money) to those families, regardless how we got there , it is a good thing.  All of us (particularly ones going to football matches around that time) realise that many things, factors and people were to blame that day but the SYP have taken the main hit. If that is unfair and unjust on them, then "justice" hasn't really been done but there you go.

In that era I felt that uncomfortable feeling of being of squashed, crushed and carried along in a tide of people a few times. The worst I remember was away at Brighton in 84. The crumbling old Goldstone ground was not fit for purpose but they crammed about 10,000 of us in some how. The crush to get through the inadequate turnstiles was horrendous. I remember thinking "if I fall down or trip now I'm dead". Kids were being carried above heads and I really did feel a sense of dread. The police didn't manage it too well and if another several thousand ticketless Chelsea fans had joined the push behind...well I hate to think. But they didn't and we survived. In my view it is just surprising that Hillsbourgh took so long to happen.  

Zidane   

Some top posts in here by thevelourfrog and Baloo. Amidst a sea of "scousers are dodgy and aren't blameless".

8 hours ago, nutmegsw6 said:

So in a nutshell, your saying you 100% empathise with the families, but there is nothing worse than a sanctimonious scouser? 

I didn't say that. I said it's not for me to say, but I do feel that the whole thing has been hijacked.

1 hour ago, chelsea_matt said:

I didn't say that. I said it's not for me to say, but I do feel that the whole thing has been hijacked.

Leaving the grieving families out of it, this is it for me in a nutshell. 

The whole grieving process has turned into a circus and a club badge, enthusiastically cheered on by the media. Where is the media coverage and never-ending tears for Bradford and Glasgow? 

If I were a father who lost a son/daughter that day I'd probably would have turned my back on Liverpool FC years ago. Tasteless, classless and oh so predictable. 

The Taylor Report came out of it and that was a) a good thing, and b) a fairly overt signal from "the authorities, the ruling classes, Maggie or them bastards" (choose your own term) that they admitted they had got it wrong and wanted to fix it. 

paulw66   
On 5/1/2016 at 4:44 PM, chelsea_matt said:

. I just can't. It seems factual that a load of them piled in - if memory serves, Peter Beardsley hit the bar, and the resultant shouts from the crowd were confused with a goal celebration and that's what caused the crush.

We're getting somewhere - it was Beardsley's fault! 

In other news, slightly more light-hearted in tone than what we've had on here recently:

Leicester City now have more Premier League titles than Liverpool.

Wes Morgan has more title-winning medals than Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher & Jamie Redknapp combined.

Slight sense of satisfaction there (though admittely, it's petty humour).

• Like 1

Sea foot   

Humour at the dippers expense is never petty.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

In other news, slightly more light-hearted in tone than what we've had on here recently:

Leicester City now have more Premier League titles than Liverpool.

Wes Morgan has more title-winning medals than Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher & Jamie Redknapp combined.

Slight sense of satisfaction there (though admittely, it's petty humour).

And in our darkest hours we pull the rug from under both Liverpool and Spurs to dash their title hopes. Oh it's the little things!