• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

By the way didn't we also win the Europa Cup, with an Interim Manager? and not many seemed to care about Rightly or wrongly within the club. But the press ignored us altogether iirc.

How is it that these daft penises are getting so much attention?  I guess  the sliver lining is that Captain " Who can Pick up the team by the Scruff of the Neck" Gerrard has left.

Zidane   
59 minutes ago, earthshine said:

By the way didn't we also win the Europa Cup, with an Interim Manager? and not many seemed to care about Rightly or wrongly within the club. But the press ignored us altogether iirc.

The media didn't ignore our victory. A quick Google search attests to the coverage we got.

3 hours ago, WHYSOSLOWYEH said:

But...they're doing it for England

Scousers wave banners proclaiming they're not English but Scouse'.

3 hours ago, earthshine said:

How is it that these daft xxxxxx     are getting so much attention?  I guess  the sliver lining is that Captain " Who can Pick up the team by the Scruff of the Neck" Gerrard has left.

I'm not getting involved in the debate on this.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm not getting involved in the debate on this.

Proszę się Droy....you are no fun today!

7 hours ago, Zidane said:

The media didn't ignore our victory. A quick Google search attests to the coverage we got.

Yes we did. The second hand, second class coverage complete with how it was essentially our meteoric  fall from grace; CL victory , Rafa's achievements in Europe and Liverpool and how great He really is, how ungrateful we are by not appreciating him, or by getting rid of RDM, and how lucky we were that the draws favoured us.  So most of the reports were tainted with this rubbish not with us. The media and press did their best to taint our victory, and frankly it a little meaningless since we were still riding on the high with the Champions league victory.

Now I heard somebody comment, that "this is proof that May be English Teams should Start Taking Europa Cup more Seriously". How many games does anybody actually talk about the Europa cup anyway? how many outstanding moments come to mind without thinking too much? not even a few if I am honest. 

Zidane   
16 hours ago, earthshine said:

Yes we did. The second hand, second class coverage complete with how it was essentially our meteoric  fall from grace;

To be honest, isn't that true? The Europa League was a massive step down. We had been knocked out at the group stages of the CL after having won the bloody thing the previous season. IIRC, some of our players even said some less than flattering things about us being in the tournament. I was as happy as any fan when we won it, and it was nice to do the full set of European trophies, but let's not kid ourselves. 

So most of the reports were tainted with this rubbish not with us. The media and press did their best to taint our victory, and frankly it a little meaningless since we were still riding on the high with the Champions league victory.

Frankly I'd be offended if the media told the tale of our Europa League victory as some kind of monumental victory. We're Chelsea, not Arsenal. Trophies have come quite often for us in recent years. We should, even at that point, have been competing for the CL.

Ruudboy   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3579359/Police-officer-helped-save-crushed-fans-Hillsborough-reveals-brass-left-bobbies-fend-says-yes-fans-drinking.html

He said: 'The huge majority of officers on duty that day did just that – their duty. They helped where they could, used initiative when the chain of command failed and should be commended for their work.'

In the social media post, which has been shared more than 24,000 times, he also says that some supporters were 'intoxicated' at the match. 

'And the fans – yes like all football crowds some of their number were intoxicated,' he added. 'I know because I saw it and we were confiscating beer from vehicles all morning. A huge haul of trays of lager and beer cans which had been brought to drink before the match. This was nothing unusual. This was the culture at the time and the reason fans were penned in like sheep at all grounds. Their behaviour in the previous decade had necessitated separation because of continued violence. So to say the fans had no responsibility is also wrong. Perhaps on the day the fans did not contribute directly to the 96 deaths but as a group their general behaviour over previous years had led to the point of wire cages on terraces.'

4 hours ago, blue moon said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3579359/Police-officer-helped-save-crushed-fans-Hillsborough-reveals-brass-left-bobbies-fend-says-yes-fans-drinking.html

He said: 'The huge majority of officers on duty that day did just that – their duty. They helped where they could, used initiative when the chain of command failed and should be commended for their work.'

In the social media post, which has been shared more than 24,000 times, he also says that some supporters were 'intoxicated' at the match. 

'And the fans – yes like all football crowds some of their number were intoxicated,' he added. 'I know because I saw it and we were confiscating beer from vehicles all morning. A huge haul of trays of lager and beer cans which had been brought to drink before the match. This was nothing unusual. This was the culture at the time and the reason fans were penned in like sheep at all grounds. Their behaviour in the previous decade had necessitated separation because of continued violence. So to say the fans had no responsibility is also wrong. Perhaps on the day the fans did not contribute directly to the 96 deaths but as a group their general behaviour over previous years had led to the point of wire cages on terraces.'

Brave man. Expect the full force of the scouse mafia to descend on him. They are not to blame! any of them! understand?!