• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Holymoly   

I think one can over analyse the situation...against Leicester...Claudio issue...empowered players...etc. Fortunately you can't gloss over the fact that this result is hilarious and the reaction of the Scum on various media outlets even more so.

Sigh, happy days.

13 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

I was referring specifically to the first game: I can remember the vitriol aimed at some of the players, "where were you when we were sh!t?".

Yeah. I was there against Sunderland. Weird old day but at least we won. 

Continue this way and the bearded one could find himself below Everton and WBA in 8th both of whom they still have to play. Oh how funny would that be.

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Shouldn't we have one of these for Arsenal?

I actually think it's beyond that now , they've actually surpassed funny and become tragic.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I actually think it's beyond that now , they've actually surpassed funny and become tragic.

Fair point. If Wenger had gone about 3 or 4 years back, he would have left with his head high and still having had the support of 90% + of the Gooners.......he is now in serious danger of destroying a legacy. In fact, he has really. 

13 years without winning the league - they are a club who have accepted mediocrity from top to bottom. 

^ I think the Leicester victory has upset a lot of fans, and the truth is with 2nd place being just 71 points, there is not a single big club that had an acceptable season last year (though all top 6 have done substantially better this year even Man U are on target for 72 points).

13 years of CL and top 4 places actually is pretty good though.  Especially now that there are 6 big clubs not just 3 or 4.  And not a single poor season - in part because he has never pushed them hard enough to fall over.

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

^ I think the Leicester victory has upset a lot of fans, and the truth is with 2nd place being just 71 points, there is not a single big club that had an acceptable season last year (though all top 6 have done substantially better this year even Man U are on target for 72 points).

13 years of CL and top 4 places actually is pretty good though.  Especially now that there are 6 big clubs not just 3 or 4.  And not a single poor season - in part because he has never pushed them hard enough to fall over.

Depends what your target is. Qualifying for the CL every year is all well and good, but surely the aim is to then win it, or at least come close. 7 consecutive defeats in the last 16 is p*ss poor for a club that size. 

In truth, they have never come close in that time to winning the PL either, despite as you point out, last year everyone imploded and they still couldn't capitalise. It has become a mental block with them, and that won't go away without removal of Wenger. 

I would much rather finish 1st then 10th then 1st again (fingers crossed) than finish 4th, 4th, 2nd, 4th........

He should have gone last year Jose, Ancelotti, Conte, Klopp, and Guardiola all moved clubs. I can't believe not one of them would have chosen Arsenal. It's not very often 4 of the perceived best managers in the world all change clubs at the same time, with the exception of Klopp who was a few months earlier.

Who do they get now, if and when he leaves?