• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

Ham   

There is no need for a separate area to take the proverbial out of Arsenal.  There's Arsenal fans TV to do that.

I think I speak for all Chelsea fans when I say that I desperately want him to stay although part of me wants to see his smug, wrinkled, Mr Burns-looking face as he leaves the Emirates with a cardboard box full of personal possessions from his office for the last time.

18 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I actually think it's beyond that now , they've actually surpassed funny and become tragic.

Oh no, absolutely not, it never ceases to be funny.

Enjoy it now, because eventually they'll get their act together and become insufferable. 

Sciatika   

I have a feeling that if Wenger goes, it will take them years to rebuild that side. I can see Ozil and Sanchez going, I also expect Walcott, Oxlade... and, probably, Koscielny (sp?) as well. I feel a bit sorry for big Pete.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I have a feeling that if Wenger goes, it will take them years to rebuild that side. I can see Ozil and Sanchez going, I also expect Walcott, Oxlade... and, probably, Koscielny (sp?) as well. I feel a bit sorry for big Pete.

Really?  4 or 5 out, 2 or 3 in, and it is a very strong squad.  I do think Wenger has done well, but he has too many quite good players, not enough regulars, and a new manager could turn that around quite quickly.

Ham   
53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

......and a new manager could turn that around quite quickly.

Indeed he could. 

45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?  4 or 5 out, 2 or 3 in, and it is a very strong squad.  I do think Wenger has done well, but he has too many quite good players, not enough regulars, and a new manager could turn that around quite quickly.

There issue with, or without Wenger isn't their attacking options. They are defensively, and not to put too technical a point, completely cack.

They need at least 3 of the four replacing, plus options to cover injury, suspension. Their supposedly defensively minded midfielders, aren't or aren't very good at it. Wenger just doesn't seem capable of getting his sides structured to be able to be resilient and defend. Equally his recruitment in these area's is poor. Example is seen in Mustafi, 30+ million or so I believe, and struggles to physically cope in this league. It was so obvious, he's no size and his reading of the game is poor and he just gets his body in the wrong positions/shape when faced with an on-coming attacker.

Either Wenger (let's hope so), or his replacement has got at least two seasons worth of squad re-building in front of them to get them competing for a PL title. They'll lose players at the end of the season as well, wouldn't mind seeing a good manager (with a decent tactical acumen) getting hold of Oxlade-Chamberlain and seeing what they could do with him (wing-back or cover for Pedro/Willian).

On 3/9/2017 at 3:25 PM, East Lower said:

There issue with, or without Wenger isn't their attacking options. They are defensively, and not to put too technical a point, completely cack.

They need at least 3 of the four replacing, plus options to cover injury, suspension. Their supposedly defensively minded midfielders, aren't or aren't very good at it. Wenger just doesn't seem capable of getting his sides structured to be able to be resilient and defend. Equally his recruitment in these area's is poor. Example is seen in Mustafi, 30+ million or so I believe, and struggles to physically cope in this league. It was so obvious, he's no size and his reading of the game is poor and he just gets his body in the wrong positions/shape when faced with an on-coming attacker.

Either Wenger (let's hope so), or his replacement has got at least two seasons worth of squad re-building in front of them to get them competing for a PL title. They'll lose players at the end of the season as well, wouldn't mind seeing a good manager (with a decent tactical acumen) getting hold of Oxlade-Chamberlain and seeing what they could do with him (wing-back or cover for Pedro/Willian).

off topic here as this was to celebrate the continuous joke known as LFC but to comment on AFC problems. Players have become because of Arsene not because of the trophy cabinet or the money and if they dont replace him with similar they may struggle to attract players, it could be a lot longer than 2 to 3 years before they are back

paulw66   
40 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

off topic here as this was to celebrate the continuous joke known as LFC but to comment on AFC problems. Players have become because of Arsene not because of the trophy cabinet or the money and if they dont replace him with similar they may struggle to attract players, it could be a lot longer than 2 to 3 years before they are back

That would worry me as an Arsenal fan. United continued to attract top players because 1. they threw a lot of money at it (which they have in abundance) and 2. like it or not, they are a massive club with a global brand

Arsenal have never been the biggest payers, but they have always had the lure of CL football. Without either, where do they go? Big few months for AFC. 

Look at Liverpool now - they don't / can't attract the best players because they haven't challenged for a long period. That could be Arsenal soon.