• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

8 hours ago, Ham said:

A draw would be perfect

Depends. I would say either a Dipper loss or draw is best. Everton are more likely to buckle in a run in, whereas 'everyone's favourite world champions' are likely to not and also start getting dubious decisions moving forward. 

chara   

Think this is the right place to post some thoughts.....Khobar's Legacy came from a gentle tribute to a real Chelsea man and his approach,as I remember it, to the game.

Thinking about the "back and forth" of debate on here there seems to be a fluid set of lines defining us posters.....there are some absolutely brilliant game analysts on here...some world weary long term fans who can still raise a smile and support of OUR club ....some rather intense commentators.....and a bunch of very funny quick responders who pick up on obscure "mentions" and run with it to my delight if no one else!....the somewhat unique aspect..for me, is that nearly everyone slips into every catagory at some time or another and makes the whole thing work waaay above the slimy depths of, say, the DM comments.

Really just saying Thank You to everyone here as we enter the second year of the strangest times, for helping me/us all to cope with such a difficult period.

AND..a special Thank You to Jane and Michael for such valiant efforts to keep us up and running and on the :right" track!

Edited by chara
mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, chara said:

Think this is the right place to post some thoughts.....Khobar's Legacy came from a gentle tribute to a real Chelsea man and his approach,as I remember it, to the game.

Thinking about the "back and forth" of debate on here there seems to be a fluid set of lines defining us posters.....there are some absolutely brilliant game analysts on here...some world weary long term fans who can still raise a smile and support of OUR club ....some rather intense commentators.....and a bunch of very funny quick responders who pick up on obscure "mentions" and run with it to my delight if no one else!....the somewhat unique aspect..for me, is that nearly everyone slips into every catagory at some time or another and makes the whole thing work waaay above the slimy depths of, say, the DM comments.

Really just saying Thank You to everyone here as we enter the second year of the strangest times, for helping me/us all to cope with such a difficult period.

AND..a special Thank You to Jane and Michael for such valiant efforts to keep us up and running and on the :right" track!

Nicely said Chara , hope you and yours are thriving way out west 

chara   
47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nicely said Chara , hope you and yours are thriving way out west 

Thanks Mark....minus10F first thing and about 5" of snow last night but glorious clear BLUE sky and sunshine at the minute...water from our well (into the basement)froze for a while Sat am as temp was minus21F...FFC as we say!......much worse in Texas..the little house is well insulated and a wood fire keeps it cozy...we are used to it and in Summer it's a Costa temp so ....first Covid jabs Sat before last so all on track.

All games are available up here..see more of Chelsea..and anyone else I care to...than when I lived in London!

Only slight issue is the dogs are indoors too long as too cold for a long exposure outside. In the Summer they spend all day on the deck a'sunning!

Ham   
1 hour ago, chara said:

Very well put. Covers this place in a nutshell 👍

1 hour ago, chara said:

Nicely put, Chara - keep safe, and keep sane!

3 hours ago, chara said:

Aw shucks Chara, you old softie! Well said.

JaneB   
On 18/02/2021 at 4:09 PM, chara said:

It's a pleasure :-)

On 18/02/2021 at 5:30 PM, chara said:

Thanks Mark....minus10F first thing and about 5" of snow last night but glorious clear BLUE sky and sunshine at the minute...water from our well (into the basement)froze for a while Sat am as temp was minus21F...FFC as we say!......much worse in Texas..the little house is well insulated and a wood fire keeps it cozy...we are used to it and in Summer it's a Costa temp so ....first Covid jabs Sat before last so all on track.

All games are available up here..see more of Chelsea..and anyone else I care to...than when I lived in London!

Only slight issue is the dogs are indoors too long as too cold for a long exposure outside. In the Summer they spend all day on the deck a'sunning!

Lovely posts as always Chara.  I love the fascinating insights into your life in snowy and sunny Colorado.  Long may it continue!!

JaneB   

Martin Tyler is inconsolable 😭

And that dive from Salah 😡

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Martin Tyler is inconsolable 😭

And that dive from Salah 😡

And as for trying to deny a penalty where the Liverpool player , slides in at speed , completely misses the ball and impedes the progress of the Everton player , well , that just shows what a stooge for Liverpool he is .

• Haha 2