• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Khobar's Legacy

3 hours ago, chara said:

With respect to Jane...please Maam...... beyond my tech ability but could we make emoji as seen above the "Official Demba Ba Symbol"?....would make Khobar smile.....and a lot of us I suspect...for example all DB Day posts re the occasion to be so cosigned?

before you ask that, ask whether you know how to write those emoji yourself?  Without copy & paste!
🥿G

chara   
24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

before you ask that, ask whether you know how to write those emoji yourself?  Without copy & paste!
🥿G

Absolutely no idea...but so many experts on here who can/will explain it all !!!.....seems to work with all other topics!

Ham   
4 hours ago, chara said:

With respect to Jane...please Maam...... beyond my tech ability but could we make emoji as seen above the "Official Demba Ba Symbol"?....would make Khobar smile.....and a lot of us I suspect...for example all DB Day posts re the occasion to be so cosigned?

Any views or thoughts?

Liverpool's title challenge that year in one gif....

200w (9).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JaneB   
On 14/09/2021 at 2:24 PM, chara said:

Any views or thoughts?

I say with the greatest of respect, but no. 

chara   
6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I say with the greatest of respect, but no. 

Fair does...."I Only Asked"..

chara   

OK..seems yet another apology from me...this will probably be something of a rambling post!

Quite by serendipity I was reading through match day forum posts just before "Demba Ba" day.....some incredibly accurate posts and some classic Khobar posts....a voice much missed... for Khobar as I really think he would smile...

So today I found myself watching the Newcastle/Leeds game....most of the first half I was urging Leeds on...not a great Newcastle fan and Bruce I have little time or sympathy for ....anyway my true instincts kicked in and I swayed a little towards Newcastle before finally realising I really didn't care.....having played IN Newcastle a couple of times the Geordie  "Us really tough Geordies against you soft Southerners" gets old after about 10 minutes.

From there I drifted back to the Dark Ages and amid wonder and awe at the sheer pace in every sense of the word and the skill levels at present plus the ever changing game I thought about the eccentricities of my younger days watching top level football...

Mainly the somewhat distrustful attitude of most fans regarding a naturally left footed left winger..and to a slightly lesser extent the left footed left back...such absolutes in positions no longer exist and I had a gentle wander back.... I of course remember Frankie ..open the gates...Blunstone...a much loved if flinchingly watched Chelsea LW.

Right Wingers and Right Backs were stalwarts and respected as such unlike the maverick left sided equivalents who no one on the terraces could quite come to terms with or feel easy about......" Not To Be Trusted" came with the #3 and #11 shirt.....then the Neanderthal Centre Forward #9 and his equally Neanderthal #5......images of Mountain Sheep here butting heads with no visible reactions......names long gone but in their time awesome deliverers of mayhem and beloved on the terrace as they raced for that classic long ball and the inevitable epic collision or the cross from the wing with the equally Titanic collision.....Ahh...those were days my friend..

Todays elite are indeed unbelievable in what the serve us up with on match day but sometimes at night..when I hear the wind......a smile and a salute...

So..a quiet tribute to a real Chelsea Faithful,,Thank You Khobar

asvaberg   

How wonderful skill of Salah on his goal against ManC - media is full of praise.

To bad we've seen Hazard do this dozens of times when he played for us :) :) 

As I watched it on MOTD I was thinking exactly that and remembered Hazard’s even better version from same position at the same end against the scum in the Carabao Cup - 2018…… Doubt they even thought it the best goal that day let alone in history!!

asvaberg   
58 minutes ago, BalhamBoy said:

As I watched it on MOTD I was thinking exactly that and remembered Hazard’s even better version from same position at the same end against the scum in the Carabao Cup - 2018…… Doubt they even thought it the best goal that day let alone in history!!

Here it is - enjoy :)

9 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Here it is - enjoy :)

Thanks - great to see.
All the same he doesn't beat half as many players as Salah did.  The Hype for Salah's goal (which was <24h ago) seems fair to me short term.