• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Khobar   

I was in the car earlier when they were doing the guard of honour on the radio. Call me small minded, but I got great pleasure in winding the windows down and booing as loud as I could for about 2 minutes :-)

You're my hero.

hahahaha this year even palace pissed on their party. Scousers dont know how to celebrate.

Edited by exiledblue

Ham   

Rodgers;

"For all he is as a player, he's an even better person".

Shags his wife's 16 year old relative and gets her pregnant.

Take a few months off her and he's Adam Johnson. A paedophile and a groomer (Gerrard knew her for years and waited). John Terry allegedly shagged the EX girlfriend of an EX teammate and is slaughtered every week.

Beats the bejaysus out of a random bloke in a club on camera and gets off.

If he's anyone else he does prison time.

Wins virtually nothing his entire career with the exception of the CL in the season where they opted out of every other competition.

Wins nothing with England despite being part of our golden generation.

What the fcuk are we supposed to be honouring here?

Compare him to Lampard whose biggest transgression was getting drunk at an airport and being inappropriate about terrorism.

Where's his rolling 24 hour wankfest?

For all of his 'loyalty' to Liverpool over the years, we all know he has deep regrets that he never made the move here back in 2005.

Gerrard was a world class player in a mediocre team. I know he's a Scouser & the media love him way too much, but Jose, rightly acknoweledges how good a player he was. He tried to sign him twice for Chelsea, once for Inter, and once for Madrid, he clearly admires him. And if he'd come here he would have been a legend here. Loyalty? Honestly, I think he was more afraid of moving to a bigger club....and might even have been scared of the consequences. He wanted to come here, both times, but he'll never say it publicly.

But the media love has always been way over the top.

For example, Lampard is leaving this summer and where is his farewell? It's not like he's Chelsea's top scorer ever, or won pretty much everything in the game and got over 100 England caps and never been in trouble. That's what annoys me.

Gerrard has never got criticism when he's deserved it either - as mentioned in posts above. The media worship is way over the top. Plus there's this self-righteous, self-important attitude which is familiar to Scousers, like his lack of gratitude for our applause last week, and nothing ever being his fault.

For example, if he fails as a manager it won't be his fault, it will be someone else's, and the media will find a way to blame us.

He'll always be Lord Of The Slips for me though. :-)

Khobar   

More a big fish in a small pond than 'world class'. Actually, more of a puddle than a pond.

And let's not forget, Jose has signed a few complete howlers before now - Gerrard would have been added to that list had he had the balls to test himself in a top class scenario.

May as well call Matt Le Tissier world class. As for the loyalty, I see more of that from Alan Shearer, much as I dislike him. He had already been at Saints and Blackburn and could have gone to Man Utd for the trophies, but he chose Newcastle.

On the new bank holiday, St Stevens day, there will be an annual parade, it will always rain on it and the leaves on the roads will always cause a danger of slipping.

Chrisb   

Here's another song to remember him by to the tune of "Alice"

17 years you've been playing for the shite,

Twice you tried to leave and they set your shirt alight,

And now it's all ended with a home defeat to Crystal Palace,

Palace? Who the **** are Palace!

Ham   

Here's another song to remember him by to the tune of "Alice"

17 years you've been playing for the shite,

Twice you tried to leave and they set your shirt alight,

And now it's all ended with a home defeat to Crystal Palace,

Palace? Who the **** are Palace!

That's actually really good.

Sea foot   

WHAT!!!

Slippy G's retiring?

How come they never mentioned it. They could have done a tribute or something.