• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Ian Ayre says the refurbished stadium will give them the financial clout to compete with the top teams.

Implication being that they're not a top team. Perceptive guy, Mr Ayre ...

Khobar   

Implication being that they're not a top team. Perceptive guy, Mr Ayre ...

Afraid not, he mentions the top teams as "our competitors". So he still passes the Anfield delusional test. I called them (U.S.) the top teams, unwittingly giving him some credit for the perception he doesn't have.

Quote from Liverpewl Echo: “We set out a plan with Brendan at the start of the summer, and the objectives the manager wanted to achieve. We’ve achieved all of them. So we are very pleased with how the summer has gone and it’s been kind to us this year. It’s interesting because we don’t do anything differently, but sometimes the cards fall in your favour, and sometimes they don’t. But we’re very pleased with the outcome.”

So they've given Brendan what he said he wanted this summer. Which means we know where the blame will be shovelled when the inevitable disappointment hits. As in "You got what you wanted, Bucky boy, now deliver" - Yankee management never changes. I'd give him till Christmas - shame, I was just enjoying the ride.

Question is, who will be the new Slippery Steve, and keep us all in stitches? Any thoughts?

Quote from Liverpewl Echo: We set out a plan with Brendan at the start of the summer, and the objectives the manager wanted to achieve. Weve achieved all of them. So we are very pleased with how the summer has gone and its been kind to us this year. Its interesting because we dont do anything differently, but sometimes the cards fall in your favour, and sometimes they dont. But were very pleased with the outcome.

So they've given Brendan what he said he wanted this summer. Which means we know where the blame will be shovelled when the inevitable disappointment hits. As in "You got what you wanted, Bucky boy, now deliver" - Yankee management never changes. I'd give him till Christmas - shame, I was just enjoying the ride.

Question is, who will be the new Slippery Steve, and keep us all in stitches? Any thoughts?

Must be an old name in those circles. Like King Kenny for example.

Can we hope for a Souness return? No that's just plain silly isn't it?

A Fowler McManaman "Dream team" has a nice ring to it.

Khobar   

Gerrard will be back soon, either straight in as 'coach' or as part of the back room and waiting, ironically, for Rodgers to slip up.

Khobar   

Got to love the fact that, as Liverpool continued to sink, the importance of the top 3 moved to the top 4 and then the top 5. The amount of attention the murderers are now getting suggests that the finished a close 5th last season. Just to remind ourselves - they finished SIXTH, behind Spurs and 2 points ahead of Southampton in 7th ( with a far worse goal difference).

And in the meantime we get desperate researchers finding ways to keep the club relevant with such data as Liverpool being the best home side in the history of English football.

Holymoly   

Well to be fair they will be far better this season now that St Steven has slipped out the door.

Let's hope he left some carbolic around for his successor.

Incidentally, nice to see Redkrapp rooting for his alma mater to finish below the top four this season - “Liverpool have signed some good players and I hope my old club can reach the top four but it will probably need one of the other big clubs to under-perform significantly for it to happen.” (source: Liverpewl Echo).