• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

I'm finding his extracts very interesting actually.

Basically shows what a shamble their club is. Today's info is that the Club relied on Gerrard to sell Liverpool to transfer targets, and he was always met with a brush off.

Willian and world cup winner Toni Kroos amongst their "targets"!

And now they dont even have him. Skirtel on the phone now?

I don't what is wrong with that. I'm sure JT would say the same, indeed most Chelsea players would probably say the same.

Indeed I expect Ronaldo to say the same in his next instalment of his biography - Out by Christmas (also the chapter title :)

Former England captain Gerrard insists the "frostiness" made him a better player as he had "a hunger" to get a compliment from the Spaniard.

Surely you don't expect JT or others to be desperate to get a 'compliment' from any manager forget about Benitez. Which is what Steven G is suggesting partly motivated him with Rafa. I mean there is one thing trying to get some approval and encouragement as a newbie and you need it for development, but he is talking as a team captain now. I think he is making things up to sell a few more copies.

Doesn't sound like one of our players.

Dear oh dear. Ex Liverpool commentator on the Man U ECL game and another on the Man C game. Is it a BT Sports stipulation there must be ex-scum covering all ECL games. I'm not going to risk checking out the other games tonight.

Interesting, Gerrard gets called a racist by a fellow ex colleague. Wonder if he'll be vilified like JT by all and sundry?

OK, I know it was Diouf and being a prat, it's probably bs, but interesting none the less.

Interesting, Gerrard gets called a racist by a fellow ex colleague. Wonder if he'll be vilified like JT by all and sundry?

OK, I know it was Diouf and being a prat, it's probably bs, but interesting none the less.

That's a bit rich, coming from El Hajj Diouf the Human llama. Although nothing will surprise me about Gerrard, but I doubt Diouf could understand a word Gerrard said to him, ever...!

Holymoly   

Dear oh dear. Ex Liverpool commentator on the Man U ECL game and another on the Man C game. Is it a BT Sports stipulation there must be ex-scum covering all ECL games. I'm not going to risk checking out the other games tonight.

It's probably just sharing things around as they're unlikely to actually be playing for the foreseeable future.

unlikely as he played for the nations second favourite team...!

Wheras JT played for one of the most hated teams.

I think since as far back as I can remember there's been a long standing love affair between the media and Liverpool. After the Heysel trajedy I recall reading that Chelsea fans were in Brussels that night- no doubt seeking violence and mayhem.

Complete and total buttocks. I wouldn't put it past reporters perpetuating that myth.

It was in keeping with the stereotype of CFC fans back then, and easier to stomach than Koppites not being the fun loving, peaceful bunch their pals in the press had been presenting them as for decades.

I think since as far back as I can remember there's been a long standing love affair between the media and Liverpool. After the Heysel trajedy I recall reading that Chelsea fans were in Brussels that night- no doubt seeking violence and mayhem.

Complete and total buttocks. I wouldn't put it past reporters perpetuating that myth.

It was in keeping with the stereotype of CFC fans back then, and easier to stomach than Koppites not being the fun loving, peaceful bunch their pals in the press had been presenting them as for decades.

Indeed. For all that is good about football we need LFC to go bankrupt in spectacular style. I won't be happy until that advert from a few years back with the nauseating tyke is remade and Acrington Stanley is replaced with Liverpool. "Liv-a-pool Ooo R day?" Dunno kid may as well support a big club like Acrington Stanley.

Sea foot   

I don't know about anyone else but I feel just a little bit dirty visiting this thread whilst we languish in 17th place. It'll pass real soon I know and we will be back to normality and I'll soon forget but ..............