Forum Administrator

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

3,478 posts in this topic

Taking the p out of Liverool.

29th anniversary of Heysel today.

And that is exactly what pisses me off about our media. When Roman arrived, in any other country our success in challenging the the Europpean heirarchy would have been applauded, especially as UEFA hate us so much too. But here we are immediately villified for challenging the moneyed ranks of Manure, Scum and l'Arse. It is fine for them to dominate like Celtic and Rangers do in Scotland but how dare any other club aspire to improve themselves. Of course, because we were the first it continues as some sort of accepted truism. The howling hypocrisy however of on the one hand promoting church services for Hillsborough and then a couple of months later totally blanking the memory of Heysel says it all for me.

Makes you want to leave the country and support the club from afar.

So, With Liverpool announcing their arrival back with the heavyweights they have signed Ricky Lambert for £4 million and are actively pursuing most of his Southampton team mates if we believe the rumours.

Meanwhile, the Mourinho revolution moves quietly on - Fabregas for the same amount that Saints want for Lallana, and very likely Costa, Luis and Tiago to follow. Add these to the January signings of Matic and Salah and you see a very definite plan emerging. All this whilst making a stack of money from the sales of Luiz, Mata and DeBruyne which means barely a footprint on the ledgers - what a successful piece of work by the money men! I doubt that's the end of it either.

But still, we missed out on Ricky Lambert. Well done Liverool.

- Fabregas for the same amount that Saints want for Lallana,

Very much off topic - but I suspect Fabregas demanded a lot more than Lallana is wanting.

Very much off topic - but I suspect Fabregas demanded a lot more than Lallana is wanting.

So you disagree that we have got the better value for money deal? (assuming Lallana does go to Liverpool for £25m)

So you disagree that we have got the better value for money deal? (assuming Lallana does go to Liverpool for £25m)

No - I disagree that the costs are similar. We'll get 5 years out of Fabregas at some £13m a year and Liverpool would get 5 years out of Lallana for some £8m a year.

The two total costs probably reflect both value and what the two clubs are willing to pay for a creative midfielder.

No - I disagree that the costs are similar. We'll get 5 years out of Fabregas at some £13m a year and Liverpool would get 5 years out of Lallana for some £8m a year.

The two total costs probably reflect both value and what the two clubs are willing to pay for a creative midfielder.

Well, since you put it like that...... Who cares? The point is that Liverool were supposedly going to take Europe by storm now they were back, but their dealings so far show a distinct lack of ambition and flair when compared to ours. If they are truly happy to spend such a high amount on Lallana but temper that with a need to keep the wages down (I would imagine Slippy G and co are on a better wage) then I question their ambition and direction. Clubs around them, including Man Utd, are not going to be so shy of going for the big deals. Despite the hype of last season, Liverool are still a side losing money heavily and needing to strengthen the squad at the same time. They need to sell Suarez in order to strengthen within budgets.

Yes. To keep Suarez and Gerrard and all the players they want will stretch them, while selling Suarez is going to kill them on the field. But we can only get to smirk about that as the season develops. A tough call would be to let Gerrard go now - but I don't see them being that smart.

Glen Johnson loses position and Gary Cahill gets the blame for the Ballotelli goal.

Tony Pulis called it right though - Johnson shouldn't have been dragged out of position but when he was, Gerrard should have dropped back to cover Cahill who could then move across to the vacant right-back position.

Hope Liverpool stick with Johnson next season. And retain Kolo.

Yes. To keep Suarez and Gerrard and all the players they want will stretch them, while selling Suarez is going to kill them on the field. But we can only get to smirk about that as the season develops. A tough call would be to let Gerrard go now - but I don't see them being that smart.

Hope I can smirk early on. Being unable to smirk until we beat them at Anfield was difficult for me.

I'm really hoping Liverpool sign someone called Butler so that Rodgers can go the full Mike Bassett.