• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

That's just not possible. You must have misheard it.

... and whoever reported the story probably needs to learn the difference between someone (or a group of people) being arrested and someone (or a group of people) being "detained" for safety reasons! 30,000 arrests is a hell of a lot of paper work, a hell of a lot of holding cells in police stations and a hell of a lot of police to do it in the first place!

I think it was a joke tbh.

Of course there were problems again at a final with Liverpool involved (though I hear Seville are no angels) I'd have so much more respect for them if they admitted they have this problem element. But they have gone so far to suggest otherwise its impossible to give them the benefit of the doubt any more. I was speaking with a Norwich supporter I know last week about them being in the final and he was saying he couldn't stand them purely due to the media bigging them up constantly.

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

This is how powerful they are.

I occasionally comment on the Daily Mail comments section particularly to answer the usually incorrect assumptions aimed at our club.

There was an article on their late last night detailing the fighting that occurred.

I made a comment and was surprised to see it had reached over 900 upvotes when I looked this morning.

I've just checked my account and those 900 upvotes have disappeared into thin air as has the story.

They've obviously  managed to convince the DM to erase the story.

They are literally manipulating the media in this country.

Probably a veiled threat such as " you remember what happened to the South Yorkshire Police". I'll check the Spanish press and see what they have to say about it.

Ham   
7 hours ago, James Prescott said:

It was reported by Sky just now. 30,000 fans arrested - 17,000 Liverpool, 13,000 Seville. Non-violent offences, all released without charge.

What's he like?  

IMG-20140104-WA0004.jpg

Just the same, 17000 or 17 just a matter of the decimal point.......(not!)

Sorry, location was Basel, not Seville. My mistake. And the number did look a bit weird to me, I admit. That is a lot to be arrested at once!

Anyway, even without that, Liverpool fans behaviour is appaling. As is the media-love in. And judging from social media, every fan outside Liverpool fans, know it happens. It's not just paranoia by Chelsea fans.

I read that the police were not responsible for security within the ground and therefore didn't take action on those fighting inside.

42 minutes ago, DaviesCFC said:

I read that the police were not responsible for security within the ground and therefore didn't take action on those fighting inside.

I think the blame for this should be put firmly on the South Yorkshire Police force. Probably just sitting back in South Yorkshire twiddling their thumbs..

• Like 2