• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

StebzAno   
2 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Whereas I can fully appreciate the humour, I thought the Leicester players showed up what spoilt, self-centred, ego-tistical w*****s some so called professional footballers are tonight.

Thought I'd get in the quip before Liverpool came back.  As it turned out, Leicester returned to last seasons form.  I wonder what Ranieri was feeling tonight.

^ Probably not that different to how José felt in the same situation last season. (For me, whilst pleased to see Liverpool lose, I feel gutted for Claudio.)

5 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

^ Probably not that different to how José felt in the same situation last season. (For me, whilst pleased to see Liverpool lose, I feel gutted for Claudio.)

There was no real pick up in effort after JM went.  There was a rationalisation of ambition which helped - we no longer attempted to win every game, and were more willing to accept a draw.  But I don't think there was any evidence that the players tried harder for Hiddink.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There was no real pick up in effort after JM went.  There was a rationalisation of ambition which helped - we no longer attempted to win every game, and were more willing to accept a draw.  But I don't think there was any evidence that the players tried harder for Hiddink.

I was referring specifically to the first game: I can remember the vitriol aimed at some of the players, "where were you when we were sh!t?".

1 hour ago, Johnny Blue said:

I was referring specifically to the first game: I can remember the vitriol aimed at some of the players, "where were you when we were sh!t?".

I think the ref giving the softest penalty in history to spite Mourinho helped. No corruption in English football??

paulw66   
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

I think the ref giving the softest penalty in history to spite Mourinho helped. No corruption in English football??

Whether you think that penalty was "soft" or not, we were already 2-0 up and battering Sunderland 

This came 2 weeks after a meek home defeat to Bournemouth. 

31st December 2016:

“They won 13 games in a row. Not bad. Can you imagine how annoying it is when you win 13 games in a row and there is still one team only six points behind?”

27th February 2017:

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Johnny Blue said:

Sure - the fans lost the plot a bit.  It was the same 13 players before and afterwards, and apart from Hazard who got an extended break after we exited the CL, none of them really recovered their form that season.  Which given how they were knackered with no proper alternatives, was not surprising.

5 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

:)