• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Look, I actually like Kelly although I haven't seen much of her recently because I don't have Sky at the moment.  I also think Gabby Logan is an excellent presenter although I can't personally take to her but spot the common denominator.  Kirsty Gallacher and Hayley McQueen the same. 

It's who you know and it was ever thus.  

Well who you know can help of course, but you still have to be able to do the job. I'd say that both Kelly and Gabby play their roles pretty well. The other 2? Not as good for me, but it's so subjective I guess.

JaneB   
21 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well who you know can help of course, but you still have to be able to do the job. I'd say that both Kelly and Gabby play their roles pretty well. The other 2? Not as good for me, but it's so subjective I guess.

Of course you have to be able to do the job but they are lucky to get the opportunity in the first place.

But I agree, Kelly and Gabby are both excellent.

kev61   

I have to say I quite liked gigi  but I don't think I have ever seen a bad female presenter on football or any sport.

imagine Danny Murphy - Martin Keown and Garth Crookes on the same panel I would rather be locked in a sound proof boothe and have to listen to Tony Blackburn.

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I have to say I quite liked gigi  but I don't think I have ever seen a bad female presenter on football or any sport.

imagine Danny Murphy - Martin Keown and Garth Crookes on the same panel I would rather be locked in a sound proof boothe and have to listen to Tony Blackburn.

Crookes! He's been in the job for so long now and he must be the most ingratiating pundit of them all - by far!

JaneB   
11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Gigi is great 💙

But it's not about 'female' presenters as such. It's about nepotism.

I'm surprised the Lineker boys haven't popped up yet 🙄

kev61   
10 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Crookes! He's been in the job for so long now and he must be the most ingratiating pundit of them all - by far!

Indeed pete - I loved the spitting image portrayal of him as a poetic fool.

kev61   
12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

But it's not about 'female' presenters as such. It's about nepotism.

I think Nepotism only gets you so far Jane - take Gabby Logan(Yorath) The best female sports presenter along with Clare Balding(who is a bit up her own arse  now)that I have seen

7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think Nepotism only gets you so far Jane - take Gabby Logan(Yorath) The best female sports presenter along with Clare Balding(who is a bit up her own arse  now)that I have seen

Clare's just too Union Jack for me I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think Nepotism only gets you so far Jane - take Gabby Logan(Yorath) 

You mean you have to marry someone famous too?  Kenny Logan - 70 rugby caps for Scotland.

JaneB   
30 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Good as they are, I find them both a bit up their own arses these days. Sue Barker on the other hand is a delight.

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You mean you have to marry someone famous too?  Kenny Logan - 70 rugby caps for Scotland.

Very witty 😀