• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

4 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I'd say that Pep has a rather interesting record when it comes to proper competition for top spot, yes.  

I agree. In terms of improving performance above what the wage bill would indicate, not very impressive.

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

I'd say that Pep has a rather interesting record when it comes to proper competition for top spot, yes.  

Bent Referee won him CL semi-final against us in 2009.  That treble made him really didn't it.  They needed a lot of help reaching that final though. 

Failed to win the title when Jose got his Madrid side firing on all cylinders. In fact, Madrid competed with a Barca side that was widely hailed as the best club side ever and then got 100 points and scored something like 116 goals in League. Both were new records I believe. 

Got beat by Chelsea in a CL semi-final in 2012 despite us being 2-0 down on the night with 10 men. In the Camp Nou.  We all enjoyed that one. 

Went to Bayern for a one-horse race afterwards.  Took over 2x CL finalists and got spanked in a couple of semi-finals by Real Madrid and Barcelona.  Won the Bundesliga with little real competition and failed to reach another CL final. Made some interesting tactical decisions in those semi-finals to say the least....

Struggled first season at City, finished 3rd behind Conte's Chelsea and a Spurs team with a fraction of the budget he had.   

Won the Prem in style last season with an almost unlimited budget.  Got massively found out by Liverpool in the CL quarter-final and beaten heavily. 

Lagging behind this season when Liverpool have (so far) had a real crack at winning the title. City losing games that they really shouldn't be to the likes of Palace and Newcastle. 

Just my take on it, but I've noticed a bit of a pattern. 

Yep, interesting read. Thanks.

paulw66   
20 hours ago, bert19 said:

Bent Referee won him CL semi-final against us in 2009.  That treble made him really didn't it.  They needed a lot of help reaching that final though. 

Failed to win the title when Jose got his Madrid side firing on all cylinders. In fact, Madrid competed with a Barca side that was widely hailed as the best club side ever and then got 100 points and scored something like 116 goals in League. Both were new records I believe. 

Got beat by Chelsea in a CL semi-final in 2012 despite us being 2-0 down on the night with 10 men. In the Camp Nou.  We all enjoyed that one. 

Went to Bayern for a one-horse race afterwards.  Took over 2x CL finalists and got spanked in a couple of semi-finals by Real Madrid and Barcelona.  Won the Bundesliga with little real competition and failed to reach another CL final. Made some interesting tactical decisions in those semi-finals to say the least....

Struggled first season at City, finished 3rd behind Conte's Chelsea and a Spurs team with a fraction of the budget he had.   

Won the Prem in style last season with an almost unlimited budget.  Got massively found out by Liverpool in the CL quarter-final and beaten heavily. 

Lagging behind this season when Liverpool have (so far) had a real crack at winning the title. City losing games that they really shouldn't be to the likes of Palace and Newcastle. 

Just my take on it, but I've noticed a bit of a pattern. 

If Pep doesn't win the PL or CL this season, his record in 3 years starts to look very mediocre against money spent. 

Ham   

Very telling that in his presser after the game, Klippety said to the assembled media "why do you all look sad for us?”

See? We're not paranoid! 😊

• Like 1

All the way through that match, the "commentators" were presenting from Pool's side. Hammers fans must have been pretty irritated. So there's a silver lining in every cloud!

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Very telling that in his presser after the game, Klippety said to the assembled media "why do you all look sad for us?”

See? We're not paranoid! 😊

What an extraordinary thing to say. It's not the media's job to 'look sad for anyone'. 

Pass the sick bucket.  What is wrong with everyone these days 🙄

19 minutes ago, JaneB said:

What an extraordinary thing to say. It's not the media's job to 'look sad for anyone'. 

Pass the sick bucket.  What is wrong with everyone these days 🙄

Yes, but he asked why they did look sad, not why they didn't, so in fact he agrees with you doesn't he?

JaneB   
44 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, but he asked why they did look sad, not why they didn't, so in fact he agrees with you doesn't he?

Oh for goodness sake, I've no idea, you're nit picking as usual. 

They're lucky they got anything last night.

So penalties that aren't penalties and goals that are yards offside (and not for the first time this season either). Much like 2013-14 refs are giving them every single decision - questionable or downright wrong. 

The PL really needs a club with 'istoreeeeeee' to win it again (apparently). 

Still hope we smash City and absolutely murder the Scouse. 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Oh for goodness sake, I've no idea, you're nit picking as usual. 

They're lucky they got anything last night.

No, I'm not nit picking, I'm pointing out that what Klopp actually said was not what you implied he said and you do have an idea, indeed you can see immediately what I mean.

And they may well have been lucky to get anything last night, but again what has that got to do with what he said?