• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The actual English version is ''between a rock and a hard place'' apparently it comes from greek mythology where somebody had to choose between facing a rock dwelling demon (devil/rock) or a treacherous whirlpool (deep blue sea / hard place )

I'm with Asvaberg in that "Plague" and "Cholera" best describe the options in this case.

I'm backing Charybdis in blue and white as the lesser of two sea monsters.  They might be down to 8 men by the end though.

Zidane   

Spurs equaling our CL trophy haul? 

Nah. Liverpool all the way - let them have their 6th.

I'm all about the schadenfreude , Liverpool , really , really want to win the league so I get immense pleasure from them never being able to .

Spurs would love to win the Champions League as it would make their imagined status as a big club almost tangible if they used it as a platform going forward , added to the fact that it would allow them to look down their noses at us , even if we win the Europa and give them even more ammunition , not that they need it , to think they're Londons' top club .

Therefore a Liverpool win in the CL and a City Win in the EPL and Spurs coming 4th in the EPL and us winning the EL is by far the best outcome for me.

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Well this is an unbearable scenario.  I think I'm going to wait until Sunday before I decide how I really feel.  I mean it would be hilarious if Man City pip Liverpool to the title and then Spurs beat them in the Champions League final.  On the other hand, Spurs winning the CL?  Ooh no, I don't think so.  

I hate Liverpool with a passion so I guess I'll just have to hate them a little bit more, if that's possible.  It's not so much the team, it's all the hype which doesn't need repeating again.

I'm forced to look at the reality, however unpleasant, and I feel that Liverpool deserve to win the CL more than Spurs and I only wish we'd done as well as them this season tbh.

The PL is really the important one but knowing how I felt when we won the CL in 2012 they will be entitled to feel ecstatic and won't we know about it? :-((((

And now I appear to have decided how I really feel.  Just as long as Liverpool don't win the title...….

If Wolves bother to try, (they don't have to), they might possibly do you a favour there.........

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Therefore a Liverpool win in the CL and a City Win in the EPL and Spurs coming 4th in the EPL and us winning the EL is by far the best outcome for me.

Anyone know if 4th place means preliminary rounds?  Or does that depend on the team's record & seeding, not the league's?

Holymoly   

I'm tending towards cheering ever so slightly for the filthy scum over the disgusting spuds. The only things I've got against Liverpool are the fans, the media lovies, Henderson and Sturridge. The antipathy I have against the north Londoners extends to the club as a whole, all the players, especially the mouth breather, the fans, the media love for MoPo and their bloody stadium. As well as all that I really don't want there to be more than one London club that has won the CL. Plus I really don't think they would mind getting stuffed as they wouldn't know what to do with success.

4 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The actual English version is ''between a rock and a hard place'' apparently it comes from greek mythology where somebody had to choose between facing a rock dwelling demon (devil/rock) or a treacherous whirlpool (deep blue sea / hard place )

Odysseus on his 10 year voyage home from the Trojan wars had to face the choice between Scylla and Charybdis, two sea monsters (Charybdis was later described as a whirlpool) who inhabited either side of the Strait of Messina.