• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Recommended Posts

From the Guardian comments on their Liverpool match report today. Has to be a piss-take, surely:

Quote

we did it! we won! we captured billions of beating hearts of football fans across the world... we showed the city oil empire how a club can be romantic and imaginative and noble... as far as points are concerned, we had one less than city... but LIVERPOOL have won the war of nobility and poetry and sportsmanship.

on an scientific level: we did it with a fraction of the money city spent.

plus, in 2 weeks will be the team the world are talking about when we descend on madrid and the city team will be watching us play in front of a worldwide audience....

I love you LIVERPOOL... in the war of ice and fire, you flame will always win. I love you...

the fact is that we are more beautiful than any other team in the world at the moment... klopp is god... salah and mane and the lads are saints....

next season we...... damn. we won and at least united lost... and we still have spurs to destroy.

thanks to all my fellow comrades and worshippers.... we will continue spreading the love... because IT MEANS MORE to us than those icy blues.. the lottery winners.... 2020 is OUR YEAR! the next decade is LIVERPOOLs! I love you all....

YNWA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
37 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

From the Guardian comments on their Liverpool match report today. Has to be a piss-take, surely:

 

Epic delusion. 

YAWN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

Epic delusion. 

YAWN

And 2nd is still nowhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say today is a big thank you to Man City, they put in an incredible run and saved us all from a torturous summer of hearing how the bin dippers are the greatest prem team ever.

We will still have to put up with the champions league nonsense, but hey they’ve been ramming that down our throats for 30 plus years, 5 or 6 makes no difference and changes nothing. Them winning the prem changes everything and yet again they’ve been left heart broken, good stuff and long may it continue...

Edited by Jonny_CFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChAoS   

I'm rooting for Spuds in Madrid, I'm sorry. Anyone in my camp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

No. Liverpool winning a sixth CL makes no difference. Spurs winning it is almost as bad as Liverpool winning the prem. Yes, it would annoy Arsenal fans but WHL is the closest ground to where I now live. Spurs winning anything would be horrible but adding them to the list of CL winners would be really unpleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChAoS said:

I'm rooting for Spuds in Madrid, I'm sorry. Anyone in my camp?

My son-in-law is a Spurs fan, and a 'grounded' one at that. For his sake I wouldn't begrudge Spurs winning, because I remember what it felt like when we won. However, I still see Liverpool as the lesser of two evils... they've already won it 5 times and are insufferable as it is, so a 6th won't make any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe next year ....

pool.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
4 hours ago, ChAoS said:

I'm rooting for Spuds in Madrid, I'm sorry. Anyone in my camp?

The Champions League winners club is an elite, select group. I don't want any other English team to enter it, unless someone like Leicester or anyone else inoffensive.

At least with Liverpool, they have won it 5 times, so what harm is a 6th? They also got to the final last year, so hard to argue they don't deserve it.

Spurs have not come close ever, so to win at effectively the first proper attempt would really p*ss me off. We worked hard and came close several times over a 10 year period, incurring a large amount of bad luck before that particular door opened. Semi final heart ache many times, and a final lost in hugely unfortunate circumstnaces.........you have to break a few rocks first.

I don't remember 2 semi finals being so poor either in terms of quality (not entertainment). When we were rocking and rolling in the mid 00s, we'd play teams like Barca, Man utd and Bayern, teams full of immense quality and every victory was hard earned. Spurs scored their winning goal in injury time on the counter attack because Ajax were stupidly trying to score a goal they didn't need and their second goal came about because a defender panicked and kicked the ball out his own keepers' hands........ park football.  Liverpool meanwhile scored the winning goal from a corner when nobody was looking. Again, something that would have infuriated me when playing on a Sunday morning. Think back to those QF and Semi Final epic battles we have had, and can you imagine any of those teams surrendering a 3-0 first leg advantage? Not a chance.

Whoever wins it this year, and I hope it is Liverpool, have had a soft ride. 

Edit - and neither of the finalists this year have EVEN won the Premier League (ever)! 

 

Edited by paulw66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The Champions League winners club is an elite, select group. I don't want any other English team to enter it, unless someone like Leicester or anyone else inoffensive.

At least with Liverpool, they have won it 5 times, so what harm is a 6th? They also got to the final last year, so hard to argue they don't deserve it.

Spurs have not come close ever, so to win at effectively the first proper attempt would really p*ss me off. We worked hard and came close several times over a 10 year period, incurring a large amount of bad luck before that particular door opened. Semi final heart ache many times, and a final lost in hugely unfortunate circumstnaces.........you have to break a few rocks first.

I don't remember 2 semi finals being so poor either in terms of quality (not entertainment). When we were rocking and rolling in the mid 00s, we'd play teams like Barca, Man utd and Bayern, teams full of immense quality and every victory was hard earned. Spurs scored their winning goal in injury time on the counter attack because Ajax were stupidly trying to score a goal they didn't need and their second goal came about because a defender panicked and kicked the ball out his own keepers' hands........ park football.  Liverpool meanwhile scored the winning goal from a corner when nobody was looking. Again, something that would have infuriated me when playing on a Sunday morning. Think back to those QF and Semi Final epic battles we have had, and can you imagine any of those teams surrendering a 3-0 first leg advantage? Not a chance.

Whoever wins it this year, and I hope it is Liverpool, have had a soft ride. 

Edit - and neither of the finalists this year have EVEN won the Premier League (ever)! 

 

To be fair, the dippers have, many times, but before they re-badged it. 

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now