• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Ham   

As I said on another thread, my favourite quote is "Disasters such as Hillsborough".

"Such as" normally prefaces a list. 

So so close to acknowledging the 39. 

chara   

A classic Western Movie scene came to mind as I read through the comments here regarding media fawning etc.

Maybe showing my age but in "The Magnificent Seven"..James Coburn is challenged to a knife/pistol competition...the pistol man insists to all around that he "won"..he goes to Coburn and tells him to confirm the result..... Coburn looks at him and says simply..."You Lost"...hmmm

Wish I had the tech ability to post the clip but....

chara   

Many thanks....the complete scene is even more appropriate!!! and the media guys(!!) who look up at Coburn over the dead body.....classic...

JaneB   
20 hours ago, chara said:

Out of curiosity I checked out Sky Sports League positions over 50 years. I did wonder why 50 years but it's a round figure so checked it out...now who do you think is #1?..Liverpool of course. It all became clear at that point. Last twenty years?..hmmm...Sky had to go back 50 years as part of the Liverpool luvfest..have to smile..we may take the pee out of them but the "pool media fanbase actually do a better job than us...

Oh and while I am here I have finally resolved my dilemma regarding the CL final..it has to be Spurs. Liverpool without a thing this season would clinch it for me..having said that watching Spurs fanbase disintergrating would be fun as well...our Final?....can handle a loss....nothing could match JT of all people slipping with a penalty so...

I just have this feeling that Spurs are going to win and seeing Liverpool miss out on two trophies would be hilarious.  

However, Liverpool and the w***fest that surrounds them couldn't get any more unbearable so even if they win the CL I'm determined that it's not going to affect me in the least.

Spurs winning, on the other hand, NO NO NO!!!!!!  And if they lose, I'll be interested to see whether Pochettino stays there.

Edited by JaneB

On 14/05/2019 at 9:51 PM, chara said:

Out of curiosity I checked out Sky Sports League positions over 50 years. I did wonder why 50 years but it's a round figure so checked it out...now who do you think is #1?..Liverpool of course. It all became clear at that point. Last twenty years?..hmmm...Sky had to go back 50 years as part of the Liverpool luvfest..have to smile..we may take the pee out of them but the "pool media fanbase actually do a better job than us...

Oh and while I am here I have finally resolved my dilemma regarding the CL final..it has to be Spurs. Liverpool without a thing this season would clinch it for me..having said that watching Spurs fanbase disintergrating would be fun as well...our Final?....can handle a loss....nothing could match JT of all people slipping with a penalty so...

here's an interesting link to the all time league table and the league table up to when 3 points came in

https://www.givemesport.com/1471906-the-alltime-English-topflight-table-has-been-created-using-131-years-of-results

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/eng-premier-league/1d-only/

And I agree, as much as a Liverpool win would annoy me, it would be so much more bearable than a Spurs win.

bert19   
On 5/15/2019 at 6:06 PM, JaneB said:

I just have this feeling that Spurs are going to win and seeing Liverpool miss out on two trophies would be hilarious.  

However, Liverpool and the w***fest that surrounds them couldn't get any more unbearable so even if they win the CL I'm determined that it's not going to affect me in the least.

Spurs winning, on the other hand, NO NO NO!!!!!!  And if they lose, I'll be interested to see whether Pochettino stays there.

I have a feeling he might go regardless of the result.  He must surely be looking at them and the setup and wondering how much further he can take them with the current boundaries he has.  He must also be looking at the money United, City, Liverpool and we are capable of spending and think "I wouldn't mind a bit of that" fairly often. 

I'm also guessing that Ole might not last that long at United and Poch would quite fancy that gig if he were on a "sabbatical" next season.  Whisper it quietly, but we could do a lot worse than him too....

What if long-range goals counted double? Liverpool would be Premier League champions!

It's a mode in FIFA 19, and one club chief wants to bring it to real football. How would the Premier League look if long-range goals counted double?

ESPN - now if only Frank Lampard had thought of that 15 years ago...

Not sure where to post this, but https://www.uefa.com/tickets/ is showing tickets for sale for the Super Cup, unlike Chelseafc.com, which says “Ticket details to follow”.

Not wishing to sit with Scousers, Orientals waving their bloody iPads in front of my face or Russians endlessly chanting “Roo-sigh-argh” like they did in Prague, I’ll take my chances and wait.

Anyone who when we’re likely to be able to buy our allocation?