• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

Does anyone know how long the main commentator for BT Sport has been married to Virgil Van Dyke?

Talk about effusive in his praise,  the whole game has been a virtual aural love letter. 

JaneB   
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Does anyone know how long the main commentator for BT Sport has been married to Virgil Van Dyke?

Talk about effusive in his praise,  the whole game has been a virtual aural love letter. 

He'll be positively o......c by now 🙄

Sir   

Quiet in here...

Does anyone remember at the start of 05/06 season when Chelsea were going about their way ‘ruining’ football and ‘dominating football for years to come’ there was a charity campaign or something in one of the red tops for Chelsea to be beaten or when we would be beaten after an unbeaten start of perhaps 4/5 games.. don’t see much of this regarding Liverpool, do we? Nothing about them ‘ruining’ football or having red top campaigns about them being beaten in a football match, especially how given how we ‘ruined’ football in 05/06 because we dared not lose a few games at the start of the season, kind of summed up by that great Martin Tyler with his ‘OH NO!!!............ for Wigan!’ which still gets my goat. And, this is completely even ignoring Manchester City ‘ruining’ football with their dominance.. it’s a tad ironic, I think (no bias) RA coming in to Chelsea was actually the best thing to happen for this league. Or would it be better just to have Arsenal and Manchester United as per what was custom. Where as now, look at how and what the PL is. 

This isn’t to discredit Liverpool particularly, or to not think of the obvious media bias etc it’s just of course a little frustrating at the hypocrisy of it all? I still think by and large how we were portrayed in the media particularly around 05/06 and especially with what Man City have done as still unfair. Did Man City get enough abuse for ‘ruining’ and ‘dominating’ football? Or how much money they have spent? Or how they ruined their already good academy and spent spent spent whereas (and day what you like) heavily invested in youth rather than ruining the good that City has already done by spending and spending and spending and ‘buying the league’ which of course we did and they never did, did they, and of course which Liverpool haven’t done at all.

Great performance by the Shrews, not only proving they have sharp teeth but that they’re simply way out of Liverpool’s league. Good luck to them when they go to Anfield

On 02/01/2020 at 8:19 PM, Sir said:

Quiet in here...

Does anyone remember at the start of 05/06 season when Chelsea were going about their way ‘ruining’ football and ‘dominating football for years to come’ there was a charity campaign or something in one of the red tops for Chelsea to be beaten or when we would be beaten after an unbeaten start of perhaps 4/5 games.. don’t see much of this regarding Liverpool, do we? Nothing about them ‘ruining’ football or having red top campaigns about them being beaten in a football match, especially how given how we ‘ruined’ football in 05/06 because we dared not lose a few games at the start of the season, kind of summed up by that great Martin Tyler with his ‘OH NO!!!............ for Wigan!’ which still gets my goat. And, this is completely even ignoring Manchester City ‘ruining’ football with their dominance.. it’s a tad ironic, I think (no bias) RA coming in to Chelsea was actually the best thing to happen for this league. Or would it be better just to have Arsenal and Manchester United as per what was custom. Where as now, look at how and what the PL is. 

This isn’t to discredit Liverpool particularly, or to not think of the obvious media bias etc it’s just of course a little frustrating at the hypocrisy of it all? I still think by and large how we were portrayed in the media particularly around 05/06 and especially with what Man City have done as still unfair. Did Man City get enough abuse for ‘ruining’ and ‘dominating’ football? Or how much money they have spent? Or how they ruined their already good academy and spent spent spent whereas (and day what you like) heavily invested in youth rather than ruining the good that City has already done by spending and spending and spending and ‘buying the league’ which of course we did and they never did, did they, and of course which Liverpool haven’t done at all.

There are so many double standards in play with regards to the media and how they treat our club in comparison to others .

The pink snorkel trophy won by Arjen Robben for diving , reinstated for Drogba but circumventing Ronaldo .

Buying the league , just us and definitely not Liverpool .

FFP , we comply with it , City don't , not a boo in the media regarding their systematic and orchestrated cheating .

Boring , boring Chelsea , not boring boring Liverpool .

Mourinho castigated for being truthful , Klopp and Guardiola as snarky as it's possible to get in press conferences , feted as hero's .

I could be here all day .

Holymoly   
16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I could be here all day

Mate, it's nothing new. The hate for Chelsea FC has been ongoing since at least the late 60s when the likes of Raquel Welch used to rock up to see Ozzie. It stems from the "fact" that the only "real" London is North or maybe East London (try and get a taxi to run you south of the river after midnight). Accordingly any team unfortunate enough to fall in SW6 are branded champagne charlies and their supporters either prawn sandwich eating tourists or else nazi sympathising thugs. We just have to get on with it as we watch the self styled "best team in the world" win their first title in 30 years. Bless 'em.

• Like 1

I see Klopp has decided he can't be bothered to turn up for the Shrewsbury replay. I can understand resting some players and playing a weakened team, but what's his excuse for not being there?

21 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I see Klopp has decided he can't be bothered to turn up for the Shrewsbury replay. I can understand resting some players and playing a weakened team, but what's his excuse for not being there?

Imagine if we did the same thing?  The press would be campaigning for us to be kicked out of the competition, or deduct league points off us.   Once again the words "press" and hypocrites appear in the same sentence.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Where's he going to be?  How arrogant and disrespectful to Shrewsbury.

Leo91   

Hopefully it was just something he said in the heat of the moment. If he actually misses the game it could bring the game into disrepute.