• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Taking The Pee Out Of Liverpool (For Khobar)

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Spoke too soon Jane...a little bit has just come out again.  

FFS mate, that's enough! Stop it, it's not funny, or clever.

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

FFS mate, that's enough! Stop it, it's not funny, or clever.

It didn't really come out...I was making it up.

On a serious note CHO has tested positive for covid 19.  Arteta also has it. Is our team in isolation. Are our games going ahead? Is the aeason over? Perhaps Mike we need a special thread to discuss crises. Even if a member falls sick he/she can use that thread to impart info on how they are doing, symptoms they are experiencing etc. We can be a supportive bunch when it matters. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

I read in the Telegraph online that there is indeed a likelihood that Liverpool will be handed the trophy even though they might not properly win it. Apparently the thought process is that there would not be a lot of opposition for this. 

Well my opposition would be this. After their recent collapse in form ( since winter break tbh) I have heard a large percentage of Dipper fans in the media, on their forums and in personal conversations expressong serious doubts that they would get over the line and would in true Pool style  collapse.

Now if your own fans think that is a real possibility who the hell are we to argue? They will have won it on a technicality and I will not recognise it. 

But I assume if this happens the top four also remains the Same? CL here we come.  Every cloud. 

23 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I read in the Telegraph online that there is indeed a likelihood that Liverpool will be handed the trophy even though they might not properly win it. Apparently the thought process is that there would not be a lot of opposition for this. 

Well my opposition would be this. After their recent collapse in form ( since winter break tbh) I have heard a large percentage of Dipper fans in the media, on their forums and in personal conversations expressong serious doubts that they would get over the line and would in true Pool style  collapse.

Now if your own fans think that is a real possibility who the hell are we to argue? They will have won it on a technicality and I will not recognise it. 

But I assume if this happens the top four also remains the Same? CL here we come.  Every cloud. 

Well Brady doesn't seem to be signing up to this. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11957402/premier-league-season-should-be-declared-null-and-void-if-its-not-finished-says-west-hams-karren-brady

Reporters tend to forget that their opinion is not held by everyone but write as if it is. 

24 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well Brady doesn't seem to be signing up to this. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11957402/premier-league-season-should-be-declared-null-and-void-if-its-not-finished-says-west-hams-karren-brady

Reporters tend to forget that their opinion is not held by everyone but write as if it is. 

If you null and void the season how do we decide who goes up who goes down, whose in CL whose in EL? The title is the least problematic.  If the season is halted for any reason, particularly if it's near it's conclusion  ( be it a Virus, world war, asteroid strike) then their is an argument that the positions stand at that point. Otherwise we might as well draw lots. But if they crown Liverpool champions then every finishing position must also be recognised.  I suppose I will accept that but I don't personally have to accept the certainty that that is how it would have ended it up. I would ask to see the crystal ball they used to come to this definite conclusion.

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

If you null and void the season how do we decide who goes up who goes down, whose in CL whose in EL? The title is the least problematic.  If the season is halted for any reason, particularly if it's near it's conclusion  ( be it a Virus, world war, asteroid strike) then their is an argument that the positions stand at that point. Otherwise we might as well draw lots. But if they crown Liverpool champions then every finishing position must also be recognised.  I suppose I will accept that but I don't personally have to accept the certainty that that is how it would have ended it up. I would ask to see the crystal ball they used to come to this definite conclusion.

If you null and void it, you use 2018/19 standings. As I have said elsewhere, this suits about 75% of teams in all leagues as it either helps prevent relegation, dead rubber matches, injury/illness to their players and reduces the burden of trying to recalibrate the entire football calendar. Some may question the 75% of teams but if the top leagues/UEFA/FA/FIFA send a sum down it creates more winners than losers in the lower leagues. In the PL, I would say everyone down from Burnley would benefit from a voiding, followed by us, City and Spuds. Sheff Utd, Dippers, Utd and Leicester will not like it and Wolves and Le Arse would kind of be in the middle. Either way, more would be for voiding than against. 

Further, by going in such a direction it also probably allows for no CL/EL qualification which means next season could start in late Aug/early Sept with a lot less hassle. All round it is the most clean cut, easiest and fair way of doing it. 

Edited by King Kante

Let them have their trophy but under strict instructions that under no circumstances are they allowed to have a parade around Liverpool .

And they get that trophy on the premise that the season ends as is .

The top four as is remains the top four so that they cannot manipulate the season by making everyone else in the next six positions play-off to get CL places .

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Let them have their trophy but under strict instructions that under no circumstances are they allowed to have a parade around Liverpool .

And they get that trophy on the premise that the season ends as is .

The top four as is remains the top four so that they cannot manipulate the season by making everyone else in the next six positions play-off to get CL places .

This is great for the Dippers awful for everyone else barring Leicester and the five above the relegation zone. How is it fair that the league ends as it is and the bottom three get relegated (even though some have had much harder fixtures) what about the teams with a chance of Europe? They can argue the same. Then what about the teams fighting for promotion and relegation in other leagues, they will all go potty. It is one thing to void the league, another to say 3/4's of the way through that, that is that the Dippers must have their title. 

Edited by King Kante

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

This is great for the Dippers awful for everyone else barring Leicester and the five above the relegation zone. How is it fair that the league ends as it is and the bottom three get relegated (even though some have had much harder fixtures) what about the teams with a chance of Europe? They can argue the same. Then what about the teams fighting for promotion and relegation in other leagues, they will all go potty. It is one thing to void the league, another to say 3/4's of the way through that, that is that the Dippers must have their title. 

I agree .

That's why my original post was about calling the season null and void .

Next season starts with the same teams with the same teams in champions league qualification places .

The post above was because Liverpool supporters groups are demanding that the games are played behind closed doors every three days  regardless AND they want a parade too . 

I cannot see that is fair either but it's a typical Scouser view of the world revolving around what they want .